PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
My wife isn't the biggest fan of my smoking, she has been coming around. Lately she has been noticing how much more calm and reflective I have been in the past 9 months. She has heard me talk about how the prices will soon be rising for tobacco and has seen me take my extra income and make decent size purchases on tobacco. Well, for fathers day she surprised me with a 3 lb order from 4noggins. I keep a running cart on the sites I go to just to see how much money I have to save to get me an order, so she sneaked on to my computer and picked one of the sites and hit buy. I didn't even notice because sometimes my cart will time out and I have to "shop" all over again. She told me that she knows how much I enjoy it and sees me going to our Men's group more, since we all smoke pipes together, she thinks this is a good hobby for me. I am just feeling blessed by my woman!

Aug 14, 2012
Lucky you. My wife keeps trying to take one of my favorite pipes to smoke herself. I finally gave her a Stanwell the other day.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
For sure Roth. I am taking your advice and going to put about 3 years on some PS LBF and some OGS

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Sounds great.
I plan to grow some tobacco next year.

then I will have nore than I can use

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is great bigboi. Nothing like getting that double surprise; a nice fat order from someone you didn't expect to get it for you
Happy smoking :puffy:

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
My wife would put a match to all my tobacco if she could. Then'd she'd sell my pipes to the next lowest bidder.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Good for you Big!
Haha Tenn. My wife handed me a lovely wrapped present on Father's Day and said, "If you ever get lung cancer I'll kill you."
Inside was a pipe of course.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
My old lady used to smoke cigarettes for about seven years. She had to quit when we found out we were having a baby. She still gets the urge to smoke from time to time. Out of respect, I avoid smoking around her. But luckily you don't have that problem.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Congrats Bigboi on choosing such a wonderful wife!
For Father's day, my wife had made a sampler box of 2 oz jars with different aros in it. Not sure I would have chosen "Strawberry Daquiri", but there were some great ones: Trout Stream, Carnival, Topper, and Planter's Punch. Since I don't keep a list of what I'm going to purchase, she had to read descriptions and guess.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Very nice. My wife has twitted me about my tobacco collection, but she was actively encouraging me to seriously consider purchasing one of those Chinese churchwardens at the Ren Faire - right up until she found the "Made in China" sticker on one of the boxes. :D

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bigboi, you are very blessed. Back in my cigar days, I knew guys whose wives made them miserable about their cigars and a few got divorced over it. I think a wife should support their husbands hobbies especially when the husband is doing the right thing and taking care of his responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.