PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Wife: You know, my friend had a baby on x date and after 14 years she had another one on the exact same date.

Me: You know, we got married on September 4th and after 3 years I became the member of pipesmagazine on the exact same date.

Wife: :|
And it has been a year my friends. Joining this forum has been one of the best things I have ever done. I have met (virtually) lots of good people. The most important thing is my "Americans are the jerks (tried to choose the less offensive word I could) entering to a coffee shop loud speaking and laughin like crazy" stereotype idea has vanished thanks to you. I have met lots of generous, intelligent and diligent guys thanks to this forum. Thank you very much for your support, advise and comments brothers and sisters of briars, clays, cobs and meerschaums. Have a nice Sunday!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
jvnshr, congrats, and thanks too, for YOUR participation. This is a worldwide web. If you want to take a peek at something that really throws a 'monkey wrench' at an American stereotype, check out a few of this here feller's youtube presentations.

Trae Crowder, the Liberal Redneck

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
@jvnshr
Your participation has been well appreciated. I look forward to reading more of your posts as we celebrate the joys of pipe smoking with fellow members from across the globe.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Congrats, your participation is what make all this fun, good to see humor, suggestions and intellectual input from all parts of the world

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
My wife said "so now you're a purple one" when it happened to me! So now you're a purple one too! YAY!!!
screen-shot-2016-07-30-at-90530-am.png

Congrats and here's to many more happy interactions on these here foriae!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jvn', I always enjoy your posts and congratulations on your new status. Yes, U.S. Americans do have a bit of a rep, but we're becoming more cosmopolitan. When I was in Hong Kong eons ago, when it was still a British Crown Colony, every time an American sat down and ordered food, the wait person would plunk a bottle of ketchup in front of us, no matter what the food, because we were Americans. One time when my late wife and I were having coffee after supper at a b&b in the Lake District in England (where Lakeland tobaccos are blended) one older rather upper crust lady leaned over to her travel companion and said, in a soft voice behind her hand, "They certainly don't seem like Americans," which despite my twinge of anger, I realized from her point of view this was a great compliment. I was tempted to confess we were Serbian or something, but I didn't.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thanks a lot guys, I was about to cry when I read your posts. I even had to go to my forum member page and check my previous posts to see what I have written before. Damn, I spent too much time here :)

1coyote, totally agree with you this time :) thanks a lot for your understanding.

Warren, I love you old guy, you can see that from my signature.

MSO, thanks a lot. As I said hundred times before I enjoy your posts as well.

All the others, thanks again for your nice words.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You're a fine addition here, and congratulations on the purplish hue!
As to American stereotypes, fuhgeddaboudit*: we all wear stetson hats, ride horses widely about our ranches, and holster twin six-shooters!
:lol:
* "Forget about it", pronounced as above, used in many of our "mafia" type movies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
As to American stereotypes, fuhgeddaboudit*: we all wear stetson hats, ride horses widely about our ranches, and holster twin six-shooters!
:lol:
* "Forget about it", pronounced as above, used in many of our "mafia" type movies.
Fortunately I watched enough movies to understand this one :) but there are times that I don't get your (American) jokes, it doesn't even move a single muscle on my face :)
Congratulations! Don't forget your initiation fee of one 8oz bag of Stonehaven each to all the other Preferred Members.
Phew, thanks for being easy on me, I was waiting to be asked for Penzance.

Status
Not open for further replies.