PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
I ordered some stuff from P&C which arrived today along with a mystery box. Upon opening it i was like "WTF i didn't order this!" And then i realized it was from my friend as a secret santa gift!
He doesn't know anything about tobacco and sent me:

50g tin of Samuel Gawith Commenwealth

50g tin of Germain's Royal Jersey

2oz tin of Frog Morton's Cellar!
On top of that i got for myself:

2oz of HH Vermont Meat Candy (smoking right now and it's lovely so far)

4oz of Trout Stream (my current everyday)

50g tin of Black House!
I think i should be set for a nice while.

All of that plus my already growing stash and some trades i have coming should make this dreary Portland winter a bit more tolerable!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Very nice assortment. :clap:

The Vermont Meat Candy sounds interesting:
...combines two great flavors - maple and bacon. We start with a Cavendish that's been given a deep, sweet maple flavor and then we added dark Burley that's been fire-cured with hickory wood, which delivers the flavor and aroma of hardwood-smoked bacon. Just think about those Sunday mornings when you'd dip your bacon into the syrup from your pancakes and fell in love with the sweet, smoky and salty flavor. Now you can have that flavor without the calories or cholesterol!

Now, who doesn't like bacon?! :lol:

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats!
Frog's Cellar is a fun smoke. It kills that craving I get for an aro.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
So far i've sampled the Black House and Vermont Meat Candy. I just wrote about Black House in another thread. But the VMC is pretty amazing! It is a delicate, sweet and sumptuous aro without tasting like it's overly topped. I feel like this is something that Russ at HH is really amazing with. I don't really get the "bacon" so much in there but i see what he was going for and i really loved my first bowl. Looking forward to the next one.

A real winner.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Hey Josh, yes they sell the Vermont Meat Candy in bulk now!
Jah76 you are right Frog Morton's Cellar is a FUN smoke.

That's a really good way to describe it.

The tin note was like an English / Lat but with a hint of whiskey but at first light it was very much like a sweet light aro. I was perplexed! As I kept smoking the flavors changed multiple times. Like other reviews have said it's like a cat and mouse game. You taste one thing, then it goes away and is replaced with something else and you try to find what you tasted and adapt your smoking process.

I find that my first bowl proceeded thus: very light sweet, no real flavor either way, then it became sweeter almost like the trout stream i enjoy, then almost suddenly the smokiness of the lat appeared with a vague hint of the whiskey, then suddenly it was a medicine ball of smoky pine, then it mellowed out to a SUPER creamy latakia to the end of the bowl.

Honestly it was a real journey!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Congrats!
Commonwealth is my go-to English. I have 1 kg of it set aside. It's a simple hearty mix of half Lat and half VA. Very smooth stuff, burns slow and easy.
I haven't smoked the others so no input there .....

Status
Not open for further replies.