Huge Estate Find With 7 Dunhill Patent Pipes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Picked up a huge estate over the weekend. I have lots of work to do. Here is the entire lot: Tinsky's, Ashtons, Barling's, Charatan's, Don Carlos, Savinelli, Peterson's, Dunhills and so much more!

image2-1_zpsrhaa02wy.jpg

Here are the Dunhills: 7 Patents, 1 unsmoked 1962 in the box, a bamboo churchwarden and more.

image1-2_zpsmvzwxqoq.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Is that 848 (the big Tanshell Dublin) one of the patent pieces? If so, you have something really special. :D

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Crazy good collection. Good for you. If you are selling any of them, that would be of interest.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Would love to keep them all...but alas...they were not free. I will sell off most to make back my investment and keep my favorites. Beafeater33...that bent bulldog Dunhill is one of the patents it is old but in remarkable shape...and I have never seen such a great blast. At the moment it is in my favorite pile but I will clean it up a bit and post a few more pics. Gotta get my darn 100 posts so I can share! Been on since 2013 and still a jr member...the shame:(

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I guess I need to start reading the obituaries so as to find estate sales. What a mother load!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Impressive score mate will be watching what goes up when you get you 100th post, you'll learn a lot getting them ready, cheers.

banjo

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
...that bent bulldog Dunhill is one of the patents it is old but in remarkable shape...and I have never seen such a great blast. At the moment it is in my favorite pile but I will clean it up a bit and post a few more pics
This is an exciting haul! I can't wait to see that bulldog cleaned up! She's a looker!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Very nice haul!! I love estate sales but have yet to come across one of that magnitude!! Congrats sir!! super awesome find. :clap:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Beafeater33...that bent bulldog Dunhill is one of the patents it is old but in remarkable shape...and I have never seen such a great blast. At the moment it is in my favorite pile but I will clean it up a bit and post a few more pics.
I can certainly see why its in the "favorites" pile!! Looking forward to more pics......keep posting, get that post count up!! :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wouldn't even know how to estimate a good bid on such an expansive collection. Between the winning bid, the labor invested, and a truly comely lot of pipes, I hope you come out well on the deal. From the looks of it, you may be able to sell many on just a thorough clean-up, but of course, the more hours invested, the more you can successfully ask. Amazing group of pipes.
Was this a personal collection, or had someone bundled them, as near as you can tell? If personal, it must have been a devoted pipe person.

Status
Not open for further replies.