PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Brian Levine knows of my love for the old Murray's era Dunhill Royal Yacht. So, he recently gifted me a couple of tins of the new Brigham offering, Hudson's Bay. He said it was similar to Royal Yacht and thought I might enjoy it.
Have I ever! It has a different added flavoring that Royal Yacht and is not as bold, but the leaf is top shelf all the way and has the deep, rich flavor of well aged tobacco. I detected both Virginia and Burley in this marvelous blend as well as a refined strength that won't punch you in the face but will get your attention.
Thanks again to Brian and I sure can highly recommend this blend. If the other new Brigham offerings are like this one, I am sure they all will please many.
Best,
Pipestud

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Thanks for the review Pipestud, I've been curious about the new blends but have held off to this point. Good to know...

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
When I saw the topic, I got all excited, I thought someone on the board go their hands on some old stock of "impeial Mixture" made for the Hudsons's bay Company back in the day. I was about to "do-do" my pants and beg for some!
$(KGrHqRHJEUFELriI0CSBRFRj(zC8w~~60_35.JPG

I am a Huge HBC fan, and have quite a collection of antiques from their history. This October for my "men's version of a baby shower" I am cracking this 1980 "vintage" while camping. Hard to do becasue tehy don;t make it anymore.
bdbf5b06fae211e29cc922000ae81e4d_7.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
A few comments - first, I have tried the Klondike Gold flake and it is top notch stuff. Had not planned on extolling the virtues of this find blend until I had stocked up, lol.
Second, my understanding is that the Brigham blends are made by Solani in Germany. Solani is, in my estimation, one of the top blenders in the world.
Finally, I understand that the Brigham tins currently available already have two to three years of age on them, as a result of having been stored by Brigham for that long prior to their entry into the U.S.
I do plan to try the Hudson Bay blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.