PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Since a few days ago it is forbidden to send tobacco over EU borders. I have talked with Hans and he is most likely closing down his tobacco shop. HU tobacco blends would still be produced and sold in other shops but not in his shop.

If for any reason you like to shop at his shop, hurry up with order that might be last.
HU tobacco is my favorite blender and this is the saddest pipe related news I have ever heard. We live in strange times.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
no way! I've talked to him as recently as last week and heard nothing?! I won't believe it till I've heard it from Hans. Just dropped him a note.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I sincerely hope this is not true, however given the EU tobacco directive of 2014 I suspect it is.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I just placed an order coming to me in Las Vegas. Now I just gotta figure out how to pay him since he doesn't apparently use PayPal.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Like I said in original post I have talked with him. His blends will still be sold but his shop would most likely close down very soon.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wow... here's an excerpt from his last email... at least we'll still get his blends.

thanks for the interesting mail. Let me say the truth. The new european tobacco laws makes the buisness really crazy. I hope I can do my buisness in the future. We will see.
Nate, to create a specially blend or kake for your forum would be a great honor for me. But at the moment I have so much work and my prsesses are full up till Christmas.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
GQ did not even respond to an email I sent them 9 days ago. I use to get great customer service from them. I guess because they are closing their doors the HECK with USA old customers.
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Actually Glynn is swamped with clearing out the shop/storage area because of his lease end.. And he's trying to categorise and inventory everything.. so maybe that's why!

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
I can't believe it. I hope Hans gets to keep blending. Just placed an order for some of my favorites, Dockworker, Sunset and Fayyum. Nate, shame on you for taking all the Fayyum Kake :nana:

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I'm a little bummed as this guy was on my list of to buy. Oh well, best of luck to him!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Here's the email I just received from him :(
I
Code:
<br />
<pre><code>a

t close HU Tobacco. My shops will be offered in other shops. But the problem are

the new tobacco laws. I´m not allowed to sent in other EU countries. I think America should be no problem. but I`m not shure.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That's really a shame, but what I'm reading here is that there may still be time to put in an order, so don'r dilly dally.
Given the current climate I focused on HU earlier this year and stocked up. While I could happily buy more, I'm content with what I have.
If there are overseas blends that you like, it might be prudent to stock up while lines of trade are still open. I very much doubt they will be open for much longer.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Still so very, very unhappy about this. I'll be exchanging what little cash I have for all I can afford. I've sampled such a tiny fraction of his blends... while he will be distributing his product in the EU, it's unlikely he'all be able to ship to the states. We all knew tough times were coming, but I believe many of us thought, in the far back of our minds, that somehow everything would work out in the end. Instead, things just might be worse than we imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.