PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'm not touching this one with a ten foot churchwarden. Last time I even alluded to anything political on this forum, I got my dick slapped. Not making the same mistake twice.

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
Sooner or later everything has a political aspect. What we should think about is the ability to buy tobacco by the Internet and mail as well as the increased need to cellar in case things change.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I'm not sure about many bills down in the states. I did read a bit about what the FDA is working on. I'm most worried about a tax on Internet Sales or the outright banning of them between state or international lines.

To the OP, I don't see a link to HR3042. Where I live, in Alberta, flavored cigars were banned to save the children, so now my buddies who smoked them buy cigs or vape. I'm not sure how the children are doing lol.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Ummm.....why is the sky falling with this one? Seems to regulate vapes mainly, which technically did not have an age restriction at the federal level.
Sooner or later, they will go hard on taxing interstate sales, at least with billing zip excise rates ( like they charge you sales tax on your CC on Amazon ). Big deal. How much do you spend on tobacco, and what portion of your income does it constitute?
You want to worry about something worthwhile? How about the GMO labeling bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.