PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I recently was able to pick up an HP Mini netbook for my daughters birthday and she used it once and decided she wanted a Mac notebook. Rather than return it, my wife said why do you keep it so you can surf the net in our room. After the defibrillator did its job, I thanked her and started using it. I thought it would be too small to type on or see much on but its actually a pretty nice little machine once you get used to the keyboard. Using either Google Chrome or IE, you can take advantage of the full screen mode and limited toolbars and you have plenty of screen space. The keyboard has a quality feel to it and the touch pad works well. I can surf the web any where in the house. Its easy to load up software on it if you have another computer. Games and video suck on the device unless its youtube or the like. For $240, its a pretty nifty little machine and a good computer for websurfing if you are looking for an economical device for these activities.

willh

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I picked up an ASUS EEE not too long ago, and I love it. I took Windows7 Starter off in favor of Jolicloud, and it flies. You should give Jolicloud a try. Just throw it on a 2gb thumb drive, boot from USB and try it out. No install required to try it.
http://www.jolicloud.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.