PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Welcome, Misterpiper! Glad to have you here. You've certainly come to the right place. There are other forums out there, but this one is, hands down, the best of them all. There's a lot to learn from these fine folk. I'll be looking forward to reading some of your posts. Any questions you might have, ask away. :clap:

Jan 8, 2013
Awesome what's the best way to keep your pipes in good condition but still be able to smoke away
It's more simple than we sometimes make it out to be :lol: Best practice in my opinion, a pipe cleaner or two from the stem to the chamber, a paper towel corkscrewed into the tobacco chamber to clean out the grit after dumping, light wipe down with a microfiber or flannel cloth and let it sit for about 24 hours.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
misterpiper,
Don't remove the stem from your pipe while it's still hot. Wait for it to cool down.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Distinguished Gentleman

Pembroke

And So To Bed

The Solent Mixture

Black Frigate

Balkan Supreme

English Chocolate

Mar 30, 2014
wv
There are many great English/Balkan blends. Try some bulk samplers SmokingPipes.com or P&C.com.
One of my favorite bulk blends is Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme. Hard to beat for about $2/Oz.

Jan 8, 2013
Some of us stay true to a certain brand, others collect from several different makers. I have an assortment of different makers... Peterson, Savinelli, Nording, Moonshine, Stanwell, a few meerschaum of different makers, etc. But the makers I have the most of are Peterson and Nording. Variety is the spice of life, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.