PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

somnus

Lurker
Jan 4, 2019
Howdy from College Station, Texas, the heart of Aggieland! Just joined today. Haven't been smoking pipes for very long, maybe a year and a half in total and then only occasionally. Own just a handful, all bent. My favorite is one I carved myself (from a Man Crates kit my boys got me). Lost a handful more in a house fire a couple years ago. I like everything I've tried so far except one: Green River Vanilla. It was probably too wet. I am still a newbie and it never occurred to me to let it dry out. I haven't tried Mixture No. 79 so I can't comment on that. I also have not ventured into any of the scented Lakelands yet, save for some Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake a few years ago. Lost all of my tasting notes in the same house fire but I'm pretty sure I didn't care for it.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome from MN. You're in the right place to have questions answered - if that's what you're into. If not, it's pretty entertaining around here, at least I think so. Watch out for the nutjobs. :wink:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Welcome! I do love the wee but, great state of Texas, lots to see and do. I admit I did most of my seeing at Lackland AFB.
All bent pipes myself. Wise choice somnus!
Again, welcome from the "Last Frontier."

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Ohio boy here, lived in Odessa-Midland area years ago. Love the Lone Star State...

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome again from Austin. I started in Baltimore long ago but decided this was the place to be, as I can be on two wheels year round.
I'm about due for a ride to your locale for some Dixie Chicken grub. They ARE still around, right? 8O
Whenever you prove your forum worthiness by figuring out the photo posting, please do show us your self carved pipe.
jay-roger.jpg

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy pardner and welcome! I own a little piece of dirt in Robinson, Texas (just south of Waco). Our pipe club meets monthly in McGregor. So, if you ever get a hankerin' to bust it on over for a good time we'd be obliged to have you join us!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from the Old North State (N.C.). My wife toured the vastness of Texas doing a food story for a big paper in the Northeast. She loved the place and the food. I've been to Dallas once, where there's a graveyard on the lawn of the Convention Center where meeting attendees eat their lunches. Interesting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.