How Would Anniversary Kake Do in the Cellar?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

clocksmith

Lurker
Aug 21, 2013
I'm smoking anni kake right now and wow.... this stuff is incredible. I let my dose dry out on a paper plate for about 4 hours. It is a cool and richly flavored smoke. The perique (which I love) is balanced by some very sweet Virginias. Serious coffee drinkers might appreciate a resemblance to one of my favorites: Tanzanian Peaberry. I'm thinking it would be a good contender for aro smokers wanting to break into Va blends. Beautiful stuff.
Anyone have any thoughts on how this would cellar? Tins or bulk stored in jars? I am trying to pick out some favorites to put away.

clocksmith

Lurker
Aug 21, 2013
What I might do is have a little fun and try putting both tins and bulk away for a while and try them simultaneously post-aging. As soon as they are back in stock---I'll stock up. I better buy a ton because this stuff is really going down easy!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It does age well. I think the Virginias come forward a little more after a few years, and it's just a little less sweet, judging by the two ounces of the 6 year old stuff I just finished smoking.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I love AK!!!!. I got mine in canning jars too. But I'm running out. Going to order some more soon.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Regarding the patience element, one thing I do with every bulk blend I buy is set aside a bit in a small mason jar, date it, and put it out of sight. Sometimes I'll set more or less aside, but always some. And always out of sight. That way I've got some to smoke and some to age.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
This is all good news! In addition to being probably my favorite H&H blend, it's damn close to being my favorite VAPer (definitely top three, living with a hybrid [McC's Ash Rev Pebblecut] and McC's St James Woods). Anni just has that special something, though...
Fie! How could I have forgotten Fillmore? Fine, Anni Kake is top four. But, you know... With a bullet. :puffy:

Dec 24, 2012
Anni Kake is good stuff and the only H&H blend that I cellar in any quantity. I don't know if it's their top seller, but I bet it's pretty close.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I asked the 5 pounds that have crossed the year mark and they say things are going great, and waiting for this years 5 pounds to fill another box. AK is not only a fantastic Vaper but has so much promise. I've smoked some 3 year old (on it's way to 5)and it is getting better and better. With the new price of buy 2 get one free you're crazy not to fill the cellar.
P&C has another big order of H&H coming in next week and AK will be back in stock, for probably a day lols. But remember as long as you have it ordered before the offer expires and it takes months to fill you won't be charged until it ships, and your price stays the same *hint*. OH! Very important thing about doing this! If you use Paypal you are charged the entire amount, only by using CC on the order is it "piece charged", and if you have free shipping ($100+) even if they ship 1 thing on the order it's shipped free. Will be interesting to see how much gets ordered as we tick close to 2014 with all the prices locked in.
The answer to the question on why bulk is more expensive then the tins. This is what Nico at P&C told me. Labor plus about 10% waste that gets mixed into other blends (interesting?). So with this sale buy it up!
"AK Poster Boy"

Craig

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
I know Im in here with vet smokers, but where can one purchase Anni Kake? Im in...want to learn.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I know Im in here with vet smokers, but where can one purchase Anni Kake? Im in...want to learn.
P&C (pipesandcigars.com). Even though it shows "back order" you can still order it, see my post above.
One of the top Vaper blends out there. Cellar it!

Status
Not open for further replies.