PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkent

Lurker
Mar 4, 2014
Does anyone know what type of pipe this is - I found it at an antique/thrift store - it has a 5 carved on the bottom. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

[/

dkent

Lurker
Mar 4, 2014
The only thing is a 5 stamped on the bottom of the bowl - no other markings anywhere. Also the lower shank goes to the bowl then, second shank from lower to top. Plugs are removable. Never smoked.

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
I can't help you, but I am curious. Do those two knurled knob looking things come out? Are they just decoration? If they do come out, do the holes lead to the bowl or intersect with the draft hole? I wonder if they are moister traps or like an air inlet to cool the smoke. Very curious.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
That is very strange. Those rods almost look like ejectors on a revolver!
Speaking of strange pipes... I saw one at the tobacco shop the other day that had two bowls connected to one shank and stem, one bowl just ahead of the other.

dkent

Lurker
Mar 4, 2014
The 2 knurled knobs do come out. Bottom leads directly to bottom of bowl,and is the only one going there. Top one connects bottom one just inside of `knob',then it connects to main shank, then to stem. The flow actually goes thru all three in an S or Z pattern. I only paid 5$ for it. It almost looks like a composite material,but it is wood. Will post better pics when wife comes home.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Cool pipe! Another example of weird "system" pipes. I have collected a few examples of them,although I can't tell you anything about yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.