PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
For the life of me I can not figure out how to use the quote option.

I'm sure it's simple, but I can't do it.

Can someone please describe the process. Thanks.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015

It's like this. Only you do it instead of me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Copy the phrase you want to quote. In the post box, select quote. Quote will appear in the box. Paste your copied quote after the word quote, then click the quote box again so that the word "quote" appears at the end of your pasted text.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
Copy the phrase you want to quote. In the post box, select quote. Quote will appear in the box. Paste your copied quote after the word quote, then click the quote box again so that the word "quote" appears at the end of your pasted text.

Lets see if this works.

If it does thank you chasingembers! You have been a great help.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks again Chasingembers.

Lol thanks seacaptain, you get honorable mention.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well that was certainly easy enough! :oops: Thank you.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Thanks, I've always wondered about that.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Of course, I do things differently. I copy and paste what I'm going to quote. Then I highlight what I copied and click on the "quote" option, which automatically places the quotes on either side of the selection.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Of course, I do things differently. I copy and paste what I'm going to quote. Then I highlight what I copied and click on the "quote" option, which automatically places the quotes on either side of the selection.
Exactly what I do, and have always done on other forum sites as it's very simple and easy. Do it that way and the proper BBCode for 'quoting' will automatically appear before and after whatever it is you wish to quote.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA

Exactly what I do, and have always done on other forum sites as it's very simple and easy. Do it that way and the proper BBCode for 'quoting' will automatically appear before and after whatever it is you wish to quote.
~I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.~

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. ~Mark Twain~
Good to know the various methods!

Unfortunately levels and formatting are lost, but maybe there're ways to keep them.... ?

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Now, if only there were a way to quickly see what threads you have posted on. Such as with an icon.
I know that I can simply add a thread to my favorites, and view those, but I would prefer to have any thread that I create or post on automatically added to my favorites. It would make continuing a conversational thread or topic much easier than scrolling and trying to see if a thread sounded familiar.. :)

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
You can always click on your name aunder your avatar and it will show all ones you have commented on and ones you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.