PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pritch13

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2015
I much prefer making my own things than buying them. Even if in some cases it costs more than something i can find on ebay.
That being said i would like to share with you how to make a nice easy pouch to carry some tobacco, a small pipe, tamper and lighter.
First you'll need a piece of leather, leather needles, waxed thread, leather cord and some scissors or a knife.

Fold it with about a third left at the top and stitch it together, being sure to do it the right way round so when you turn it inside out the nice shiny side is facing you.

Once finished stitch the top 2 corners a couple times just to reinforce it and then leave a knot in it.

Turn in inside out and cut the edges of the top piece so it lines up when folded down.

Then all you need to do is make a small hole with the needle and push the thread through with a small knot at the end to hold it place. You can cut it to a triangle or semi-circle shape instead if you prefer it that way and then fill it up with you favorite tobacco and pipe! (Make sure you put your tobacco inside a small airtight bag so it doesn't fly everywhere)

Its real easy to make and great if your going out for the day and want to bring your pipe with you and have nowhere to keep all your things. Nothing fancy but it feels like your a hobbit! Enjoy!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
That's cool, looks like something Bilbo would carry around. Thanks for sharing this.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The other good aspect of this is that over time, with wear, it will develop its folds and highlights and will really look one-of-a-kind part of your gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.