Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
Does it take you to get the job done?
I'm talking routine, not thorough cleaning.
Takes me 1 and a half, most of the time.
Edit: Corrected the capitalization in title, L.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Two for me!
After that, no more gunk or crud comes off without getting into more than routine cleaning.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I use 3 or 4 on my favorite pipes, 2-3 on pipes I don't smoke as often. IMHO, using more dries it better and helps speed along the resting period.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I always run a pipe cleaner through a pipe when I finish smoking and leave it there until the next time. Then I run another clean one through. Suits me fine.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
5-7 for me. I want my pipe to be as clean as possible between deep cleanings. Here is the method to my madness.

I take the pipe apart, grab the bowl and take one fluffy cleaner, double it and then run it around the bowl a few times, evening the cake. I then blow through the pipe getting any loose tobacco and ash. I then take a bristle cleaner, double it and run it back and forth through the shank. I will do that again with another fresh bristle and a third time if needed. I then take a bristle and double it and then double it again and stuff it into the shank to clean out the mortise. I than take a bristle and run it through the stem, and then take a fluffy and run that through the stem. The fluffy gets out more moisture where the bristle gets the tar and any tobacco. I have found that it keeps my pipes very clean and can make the time between deep cleanings longer. I will usually do a deep cleaning after 10 bowls or so. Pipe cleaners are cheap so I do not mind using a bunch to keep my pipes as clean as possible.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I've talked to Harris and have tried to use 800 pipe cleaners to clean a pipe, but I found out that the store ran out of pipe cleaners! LOL
I find that 3 to 4 is really the most I can use.
Allan

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I use three per pipe after I finish smoking. Run it through, run another through, then I bend it into a U shape and swipe around the inside of the bowl. Then I stick one in and let it sit in there for a couple of hours while the pipe is resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.