How many bowls do you smoke in a row or in one sitting?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I am begining to lose my desire to have 1 bowl after another. Ie 2 bowls in one sitting. Seems the 2nd bowl is lost in the shuffle. If I knock this off - I will be averaging 3 bowls a day instead 4-5.
My reasoning is 1. time. 2. Since I am always switching blends - the 2nd bowl of different tobacco gets ghosted or doesn't smoke as well as the first. 3. Harder on my mouth.
However, I know some Folks out there just are ChooChoo's when it comes to smoking their favorite blends and their favorite pipes. So give me a shout - would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this? P.S. my Dad was a pipe chainsmoking fiend and I rarely saw him without his pipe in his mouth except for sleeping and eating. I am sure he took his pipe out of his mouth during other activities (hence my conception) but his smoking tenacity was something to be marvelled at. He was a pilot for United back in the day when he could promenade up and down the plane ailes during a break in flying the United 727s.'

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Well I'm sure everyone has their different habits.
I usually don't go through a whole bowl in one sitting. Occasionally, yeah I do, but since I have to go outside, I tend to smoke a pipe in two sittings.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I normally smoke 1 bowl every day if I have time. If you're having ghosting problems then that can be solved with just changing the pipe. If you're doing back to back blends off a fresh pipe and a different tobacco I would change pipes.
But after 45min to an hour I think my mouth has had enough. If I go to a party and we start drinking I am constantly loading up pipe after pipe. I think the most I have smoked back to back is 4 bowls. And my mouth is paying for it the next morning. :puffy:

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Most I smoke at once is when I get together at Uptown's here in Nashville and go through a Hearth and Home sample binge. Wonderful evenings, but I can only manage that a couple times a month. Other than that it's just a couple bowls a day at most for me and rarely, if ever, back to back.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Continuously... especially in the winter. As I type this I have read 150 pages of a book since 5:30, and smoked one large meer, and my Wiley which could hold 3-4 times as much tobacco as the meer. Both were HOTW which is a good hour smoke in the meer and a 2-3 hour smoke in the Wiley. When I am in my den, I am smoking.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I smoke an average of one bowl a day, but there are days that I load 2.
Exam studies usually more than that, sometimes up to 4 in a row,
1 a day is about my average, sometime less

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
One the weekends, three at the most, possibly 4 if they're all small bowls. Typically it would be one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. Anymore than that and I can't taste the blends as well and my mouth gets raw.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I have put my pipe aside for a couple of days because I've got a nasty cough.
I miss it.
Always the worst isnt it?
I feel a sore throat coming on......I am still in denial

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
smoke one bowl in one but recently getting new pipes i have gone to two because i just have to try the new pipe out

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pretty much just one bowl. There is a very rare occassion where I'll have enough time and it's a nice enough day out that I'll just load the bowl again with whatever I'm smoking and enjoy another hour or so with a second bowl, but as I said that's very rare.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
About 90% of the time I smoke two bowls back to back but with different pipes. I'll generally smoke a bowl of English and then smoke a bowl of whatever aromatic or non-english I'm currently enjoying.
I average about 6 bowls a day and if I could, I'd probably smoke more than that. I'm guilty of being a chimney.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Normally one bowel in a sitting and I only smoke once a day. Every ince in a while I will smoke two bowels in a row, usually the same blend. The main reason for this is that I smoke outside in a shed. It is fairly warm, but after a bowel I am ready to go inside. If I could smoke inside I would probably smoke a couple of bowels a day, but not is a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.