PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
hey all my pipe smoking brothers and sisters!!! liking this sight and all the warm welcomes and friend requests. loving my new hobbie too.. cant wait till i can afford more pipes and different tobaccos... i dropped close to 200 in my first week:/ so i need to get a grip. lol, or start trading soon. anyway i am an artist. i draw, paint, take photographs, and do tattoos. i also play every instrument known to man but horns:) in my past ive only really come across other pipe smokers in the gallery hops. so i believe it is something that artists are drawn to. i think its because pipes are actually functioning and beautiful works of art:) so what does the community think????
Edit: Moved to General Discussion, L.

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
I'm a bit of an artist and play a little guitar. I need some inspiration.... had some serious artist-block lately.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I also play every instrument known to man
I mostly play hell, but there's really an art to that too :mrgreen:

Welcome to the league of extraordinary smartasses gentlemen

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
ahhh the art of curling and tennis:D definitely both art forms. i believe all trades, sports, and.... well... ARTS are all forms of art. im having a bit of writers block in the music department myself burg... and i hate it because i just built this multimedia supercomputer complete with fl studios 10. its a 400$ music app that does everything a real studio can do. so i dropped all this cash and time into this amazing pc, and midi keyboard setup so i would have not only an incredible home entertainment system, but a creative outlet where i could produce my own music from beginning to end and i get writers block. so ive been working on old songs that are 20 years old. fun, but i really want to cross over into different generas. my old stuff is from my band that hasnt played in 8 years... maybe a couple of bowls of fine tobacco will inspire me a little:)

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Do a lot of photography. Decided to get a marketing degree because I figured that would help my art more.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
great tjamison:) i had a full ride for photography and blew it... back then i was worried about party, ans woman. college too the back seat and i just blew it:( yea photoman.. its easier to do great photos when you can afford the equipment. thanks ya'll for the posts... i love a good thread:)

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
lmao chris. ive walked through hell and lived to tell about it.. but thats a completely different thread:) i really want to play horns... but i have owned a coronet and a sax and i couldnt get neither to make good noise:/

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I was in honor band in 7th & 8th grade and I rocked some Alto Sax.
But then gave it up because I was a stupid kid. /sigh
I still have the sax though and plan to restore it and find my rightful place as a Sex Sax God. :wink:

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
Hey Shawn, that set up sounds nice! I need something like that. Thought about getting a Macbook with recording software installed on it. What are your thoughts on something like that?

May 31, 2012
IMG_5375.jpg

I'm more of a poet than an artist, although the last couple of years I've been dormant.
Sometimes I made "poem objects" like this:

IMG_2472.1.jpg

...and sometimes I'd make collage stuff like this:

IMG_4372.samp.jpg

IMG_4469.1.jpg

As well as writing regular poetry, I'd write stupid "conceptual poetry", like this:

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment moment

moment moment minute​
...and the most fun was "composing" crazy wild funny poems from very bad translations I'd find online,

usually adding my own stuff into a mongrel mix of horrendous language,

like this, (complete with RYO overflow ashtray, which thankfully I've given up for the True Smoke found from a good briar pipe...)

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRLOWERCASE... i love your style friend... humor injected and whitty.... thats just great stuff:) thanks for sharing :D and burg... i cant figure out how to message or friend request people but send me a message and request me. i have something i want to share with you:)

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I do graphic design. illustration, web design, photography for a living. But the real freedom of creativity for me is in freelancing. Here at work there are guidelines I have to stick to and deadlines that i have to cut short on the design process.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have always been the creative type. Sketch, draw, paint, sculpt, play a lot of instruments and now, since I don't really have the time it takes to paint and sculpt, I mostly take photos and do digital art. So much more instant gratification in that medium. I keep this thread on the go here for everyone's entertainment and critiquing.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-ohin3-art-show-this-is-what-i-do-most-while-smoking#post-18186

Status
Not open for further replies.