How long would a missouri meerschaum cobbit dwarf and shire smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

domesz

Lurker
Jan 26, 2019
Greeting everyone,
I would like to buy my first pipe and I decided to go with missouri meerschaum cobbit series.

The dwarf has Approximate Dimensions:
Length: 7.25 in / 184.15 mm
Bowl Height: 1.375 in / 34.925 mm
Chamber Diameter: .75 in / 19.05 mm
Chamber Depth: 1 in / 25.4 mm
While the shire has Approximate Dimensions
Length: 7.5 in / 190.5 mm
Bowl Height: 1.875 in / 47.625 mm
Chamber Diameter: .75 in/19.05 mm
Chamber Depth: 1.25 in/31.75 mm
Roughly how long would each of these smoke?
Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated,

Dominik

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
For first pipes I would suggest the following:

Legend Corn Cob Pipe

and

Missouri Pride Corn Cob Pipe. They smoke great, are portable, and are inexpensive. Great starters to go with...

jangles

Lurker
Jan 6, 2019
I am a new pipe smoker and also have my eyes on these MM Cobbit pipes but am holding off until I'm more sure if what I like to smoke. Up until today, I've only smoked MM legends but I got 6 Huck Finns in the mail so that I could try different blends without worrying about ghosted flavors interfering with my ability to judge the flavor of the new blends. I also figured the Huck Finn's would be a good choice for a 10 minute break at work but I am getting about 20-25 min fully loaded so far and I was not being bashful with the puffing either.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Depends on the type of tobacco you smoke, the moisture level and your cadence. As someone else suggested, 20 to 45 minutes. As someone else also suggested, that's not the first MM's I would buy but it's your money.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
Corn cobs are grown, so they are all a little different is outer and inner diameter. If you have a B&M store near you where you can see several you could select the one you like best.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The Dwarf is most like that of the Morgan, and the Morgan is a 30-40 minute smoke for me.
The Shire, has similar dimensions to a Legend which is around 40 minutes for me.
I have cobs that are Huck Finn sized, and those are about a 30 minute smoke for me.

domesz

Lurker
Jan 26, 2019
Awesome, I plan on taking my time to puff with a book. 30-40 mins is just what I’m looking for. Dwarf it is!
Thank you everyone for the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.