PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I started smoking a pipe last year in September, so it has been 4 months only. I know that there are smokers here that have been smoking for many years.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
First time ever, I was 16.
Regularly when I was 23... so 12 years ago.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Oh man, I hate telling my age (although I'm still quite young, of course). I got my first pipe when I was 17. So, I've been a pipe smoker for 46 years. You can do the math on my age. :wink:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I was asking because I like pipe smoking, I truly enjoy it. It is my personal time of the day when I pack and light a pipe and rest. However sometimes while smoking I think about possible long term effects of smoking and I think whether I should quit now and start smoking when I retire in a very very far future. After seeing the posts above, I realized that it was a stupid idea :)

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Started smoking a pipe in 1968; guess that makes it 48 years. Collecting for about 4 years. Smoking as much as I would like will have to wait another 4-5 years until I am completely retired...

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
I bought my first pipe in january 2012, tried one aro and did not enjoy it. Got back to it the year after so about 3 years now.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jeez, I'm just a baby. Started when I was 18, smoked for several years, about 45 years ago, then stopped smoking anything for about 15 years. Picked up the filthy but enjoyable habit once again about 25 years ago.
I only smoke indoors at club meetings and pipe shows. Otherwise it's outdoors, or in the car with all windows rolled down.

jakegoodman

Lurker
Jan 13, 2016
Charlotte
I smoked 5to7 years and then quit the pipe and smoked cigars for next 5 years. This year I re-started this great hobby. Funny thing is that my hands still know who to pack the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.