PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
There's been much discussion here lately about snobbery, respectfulness, trolling and generally being nice (or not), so I felt I had to make public a brief comment.
I'm relatively new here, but I have an inbox full of PMs, as well as various public thread replies from, what I feel, is the friendliest, most generous community I have encountered on this crazy thing called the internet.
I have been gifted pipes and tobacco. I have, in turn, gifted others similarly. I have had offers of such generosity that anyone would blush.
My hat is off to you guys...you know who you are. I'd be honoured to be ribbed and even taken to task for stupid comments by this bunch.
Now I'm off to smoke some aromatic tobacco and be ready to engage in latakia bashing :nana:
Keep puffing.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I was going to say something kind and meaningful concerning this forum, but the truth is that you're all beneath me and it'd be a waste of words on you bunch of sorry sad sacks.
Damn... okay sarcasm is italics, but what do I use denote a sense irony?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
:rofl:
. EEEEEE

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Brad, the irony of using an iron to denote irony is that I initially thought you were using it to suggest things were being smoothed over...

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
My hat is off to you guys...you know who you are. I'd be honoured to be ribbed and even taken to task for stupid comments by this bunch.
As you say bassbug, most recent topics mentioned have been pretty unnecessary and blown way out of proportion. There are all kinds of people here and most of them pretty damned nice. If I don't like you I usually say nothing at all. If I don't like the thread I just read elsewhere. If you are way out of line that I can't take it anymore I will finally say something. When I flat out tear you to pieces though, then you know I love you. :mrgreen:
I've smoke pipes for 45 years but have learned tons reading this forum. People here are fond of tobaccos I did not even know existed. 90% of the people here know way more than I ever will. If you really like your pipe and want to share it and learn more and have fun while doing so, this has got to be the place.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
bigpond - Sylvania 6550's, Genelex KT66 & 88's or Telefunken EL34's in push-pull and delayed plate B+ are all pretty freaky.
...just about the only words he could spell correctly
:rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.