Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
This system evolved early in my pipe smoking experience and has served me well all these years.

I sit in my chair.

I Pick up a pipe and a tin of tobacco.

I fill the pipe dropping some tobacco in my lap.

I pick up what tobacco I can out of my lap.

I stand up dropping the rest of the tobacco onto the carpet.

I pick up the big pieces of tobacco out of the carpet.I never get it all.

When my wife gets on my case about the mess in the carpet I get out the vacuum.

I know there is discussion going on in pipe smoking circles about the how how one should fill a pipe.This method just seems natural to me.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
My wife literally was just giving me crap about tobacco on the floor... :roll:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
+2 on crap from the missus on dropping tobacco...

I like spreading tobacco specs over desk, than knocking some to the floor. A careful foot push gets those pesky scraps up against the black baseboard...

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
Load over a piece of sheet music, and it works well to collect whatever "misses" [:)]
thanks undecagon, that is my method too, although I never fill a pipe when I am actually sat at a keyboard (dropping bit of tobacoo in between the keys would not be good)....alternatively, just fill pipe with any book in your lap

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i never knew there was another way other than how grandpop did it - shove the bowl down in the tobacco pouch and scoop the tobacco in.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I use a paper plate for drying and bowl filling, and put the left over tobacco in a mysterious "scrap blend" jar.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
dropping bit of tobacoo in between the keys would not be good
ABSOLUTELY! I keep the vibraphone pretty pipe free, and definitely packing free for the same reason. Drum set, however, is riddled w/ drum stick chips anyway, so some loose baccy in there makes no difference. It'll come out every few months when I replace heads :)

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I have a small vac in my room so when I spill tobacco, I just zip it up, pain in the butt but keeps wifey happy. I fill my pipes the same way. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.