How Do You Smoke Your Savenelli Filter Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All of my Savenelli pipes are non-filtered -- an Oscar Lucite, a 601 churchwarden, three unfinished pipes

(a panel billiard, straight billiard, and zulu). But most Savenelli's have their 6mm balsa filter system which

usually also comes with a plastic adaptor to make a pipe smoke like an unfiltered pipe. How do you smoke

your filtered Sav's -- with the balsa filter, with the adaptor, without the filter or the adapter, or some other

way? I had a filter Sav for a while and smoked it with the adaptor which gave me a plastic taste I did not like.

I found without a filter or an adapter, the draw was a little too airy and seemed to reduce the intensity of the

flavor. I eventually traded the pipe. How do you smoke your filter-designed Savs?

Jun 4, 2014
I smoke my Savinelli sans filter with the adapter installed. I can't say I noticed any plastic taste from it.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have only one Savinelli pipe that takes a filter, and I always smoke it with a balsa filter. I like to smoke some tobaccos with a filter, and this is one of 6 pipes I have that use a filter. The others are a Chacom 2011 POY (9mm Sav. balsa filter), an old Brigham (one of my favorites) and 3 MM cobs, which I use the Sav. 6mm balsa filters in. Outside of the Brigham, which is the best filter pipe I've ever smoked, I find the balsa system the best if you're going to use a filter. Most of the time I smoke without filters, but when I do use a filter, I use the pipes and filters I've mentioned here. If you haven't tried a balsa filter, try one sometime, even if just in a cob. They don't restrict the draw too much, let plenty of flavor through, are not very expensive and when blotted and dried after use, you'll get maybe 3-4 smokes from them. I use them mainly with aro tobaccos that smoke a little wetter than most of the tobaccos I smoke.

Experimenting can be fun! :puffy:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I smoke my Savinelli pipes with the filter, in the shade, with a nice glass of Devils Cut on ice.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I have just one savinelli, and I use the adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.