PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
How can you repay someone when the magnitude of their kindness brings you to your knees?
2014 was a very difficult year for me, my wife and our two young children. Through a chain of events initiated through a forced military move, we made the tough decision to have me relocate and the rest of the family stay behind until we can rent/sell our home.
Since then we have had an outpouring of assistance and care from our close family and friends. Emotional support has been abundant. They have provided help to my wife who is juggling two part time jobs on top of the responsibilities of a single mom. On my end, friends have assisted me with finding a cheap but comfortable place to stay. They have opened up their homes where space was available. They showed such tender care for the emotional disaster that I’ve gone through dealing with the repercussions of our smart but difficult decisions.
Our inner circle has been amazing and I feel so indebted. How can you repay someone when the magnitude of their kindness brings you to your knees? What might you do or say? What might you want to be said or done for you if you were the kind party?

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Thank you.
No one should do anything out of the kindness of their heart and expect somthing back in return. Most people who would be that supportive and generous know this already. And they know if the shoe was on the other foot you would be just as generous and supportive.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Be a good man to your family and friends as you are, they helped you and that means they think a lot of you and your family, when able do the same for someone.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
What might you want to be said or done for you if you were the kind party?

Absolutely nothing but a thank you and for you to do the same for me should the need ever arise. People with hearts such as these do not do things for compensation or adulation. While there is nothing wrong and indeed something right about the way you feel, some deeds are not done for repayment nor is there any real way to do so. Show your gratitude where and how you can, they could and would ask no more. The fact you feel this way shows you are deserving of their generosity.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Candy helps. :D
No, but seriously the guys above me have hit the nail on the head. Just be a good man and don't take things for granted. Being a good friend, a good brother... Being the best version of yourself, not for yourself, but for others... That's the most important thing. Pay it forward when you can so the world won't forget kindness.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I believe that you have answered your own question: On your knees; if you ask, He will tell you how.
May God bless you, your family, your friends, and your service to your country!
Hunter +1000

Status
Not open for further replies.