How do you choose a blend out of your cellar?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I have around 70 blends in my cellar.There are times I open up,and can't really decide on what I want.Of course I have my favorites,and there are some,I like very well.Then we all have blends that are good blends,but we do not smoke daily/weekly.I find a lot of the time,I just grab,and smoke.I'm wondering how you choose,what you're having for your next bowl?

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree and when it comes to picking something that I have jarred I usually grab a couple bowls of so worth of tobacco and put it in a bag or pouch that way I not in and out of a jar... :puffy:
Wait a minute, 70 blends... fullbent how long have you been cellaring tobacco?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I usually just grab whatever I'm in the mood for. Mostly this summer it's been Sherlock Holmes,Luxury Blend, or Eileen's Dream in the morning and MacBaren's Vanilla Cream, Sunset Breeze, or Gold Blend in the evening. I know I smoke a lot of Peterson blends. Does that make me an even bigger Pete-Nut?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I generally have a taste for a particular blend type like Virginia, Burley or Oriental.

I make a special effort to list the ingredients on my Mason jar lids, so my choices are easier.

HalfPint2.jpg

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
@JC....I have been cellaring since November....Yes I tend to go a bit haywire on TAP,PAD purchases :crazy:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
FB... 70 blends cellared in 8 months… I’m impressed, and here all of this time I thought Fullbent stood for your favorite shape in pipes... not how you attacked your passions.
Very impressive... :puffy:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I don't have a great deal of disposable income so I just buy what I like when I can get it.

I will usually buy a pound of 1Q for my "go to" and a couple-three tins. 1 or 2 go into the cellar and the other gets smoked. One of these days I'll dip into the cellar... but no-time-soon.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I only smoke when I want a particular tobacco or type of tobacco so I know what I am after before I even consult the stash. Then It can come down to an eenie miney moe or I know exactly what I want.

Jul 12, 2011
Sitin here on the stoop smoking SG-1792 with a Turkish coffee most of today, I think about it and

Open the cellar door (150-170 blends all calling my name....Dragon-dragon----smoke me...no smoke me :) I think about the moment in the bar, when

You look across the room and see that beautiful blonde in the red dress, yes u must go talk with her....similar effect :)

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I have about 4 or 5 blends and I choose one with a lot of chin rubbing and indecision... the same way I choose a pipe to buy or smoke... sometimes we have a difficult role in the pipe world but somebody has to smoke all the pipes and tobaccos

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I still grab Penzance 90% of the time, but when I do open up the lid and look into the vast variety, I ponder for quite some time trying to pick one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.