How do YOU carry your pipe, tobacco and gear?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirwilliam

Lurker
May 29, 2015
I'm curious about how YOU tote your pipe, gear and tobacco around daily.
Pipe in the front shirt pocket and baccy in a ziplock? Pipe pouch? Shoulder bag? Baccyflap? Old sunglasses case?
I'm playing around with different methods. Haven't found perfection yet, so I'd love to hear how you do it. Thanks in advance!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
PMPipePouch.jpg

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
http://www.amazon.com/Comoys-Leather-Tobacco-Pouch-Choose/dp/B00GITBAKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433628199&sr=8-1&keywords=comoy%27s+leather+pipe+tobacco+pouch
Can Only take a small/medium pipe, but its high owner reviews/ratings are well warranted. Really like mine.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Pipe and pouch or tin in whatever pockets are available. Sometimes tobacco and pipe are stuffed in with the cameras and lenses. In the truck pipes and tobacco are on the dash, in the console, under the seat or wherever they may have migrated to.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I use a gladware container, if I'm going on a trip somewhere. Holds about 3 pipes and about 6oz or so of different blends in mylar bags. That's of course if I'm traveling.
As for everyday, I usually only smoke at home, so I'm not worried about taking anything with me out of the house. I do however, keep a pipe in my truck with a mylar bag of whatever blend in smoking regularly at the time. I keep a lighter and a tamper in there as well.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Mostly load and smoke in and around home. In car, a couple pipes in the console and a plastic pouch or two of current tobaccos. Plus an emergency pipe and stash in the trunk in case I plumb forget to load the console.
I have a nice leather wrap up pouch, but most tobacco for travel is kept in thick plastic bags, the ones green coffee beans come in from Sweet Maria's in Oakland. (Many plastic pouches for tobaccos are very thin. Not good for holding moisture in or out.) Golf tee tampers, a GBD pipe tool, and some curly cue bits of cut up branches means I always have a dozen tampers handy- or none!
On a plane or train, I tend to put both pipes and tobacco in large zips inside my messenger bag, along with laptop, iPad and pens.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Old sunglasses case?
This. A Maui Jim case can hold my pipe, a weekend's worth of baccy, and a lighter no problem. If I am just walking around with my pipe I usually pre-load my bowl and put it in my jacket or shirt pocket.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Recently I've taken to tossing a pipe or two and some other fixins into a purple Crown Royal bag when I'm out for the day. For longer trips and camping trips I use a medium-ish size LowePro camera bag. The adjustable padded dividers make this bag perfect for carrying everything I need for long trips away. My wife also bought me a really nice leather 3 pipe case that I will be getting for Father's Day...can't wait. :)

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I carry my pipe in my front right pants pocket, my ever present pouch of Condor ready rubbed in my shirt pocket. I only wear shirts with pockets, so I can enjoy the aroma of my Condor even if I am not smoking at the time. I carry my czech pipe tool in my left front pants pocket along with a trusty Bic. This pretty much gets me through the day!
Eric

indyjg

Lurker
May 10, 2013
When I'm out and about, my pipe, tobacco, and accessories are carried in my leather Sorringowl and Sons Clemens Pipe & Tobacco pouch I purchased off the Sorringowl shop on Etsy. Fantastic workmanship and it will last my lifetime.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Do you need a pouch for each blend? Does the pouch gain a poltergeist? Or am I thinking to hard here?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks @NOLA Cajun I been thinking of laying down some cash for a carrying case/pouch...guess I'll have to get one for my favorite blend first. C&D BUFFALO SOLDIER

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Fishing vest from Gander Mountain. It has between 10-75 pockets. I lost count. Room for everything I need. Now if I can only remember which pocket I put my tamper in.
I noticed this fashion(?) statement at the pipe show and later at the Chicago club's meeting. I find it a great idea.
Winton

Reactions: aspiring_sage
Status
Not open for further replies.