PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have only one pipe with a two-airway stem. I was mortified to discover this after I had

bought the pipe, but it has turned out to be fine, both airways taking a pipe cleaner to

the bowl. Still, I wouldn't buy another because I got lucky with this one. What was that

about? What was the idea of two airways, and is anyone still making these? Mine is a

Britannia, with wonderfully light briar and a handsome Dublin shape. At least I will admit

I got a significant price break which is probably why I didn't try to take it back.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Stens are made with twin airways because they better resist deformation or crushing by heavy clenchers. I have a couple of Family Era Barlings that feature this construction and they work just fine. It was an option that you could order if you were in the habit of crushing the bit and button.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I accidentally got one. It's called a Swiss Dry Smoker, marked Algerian Briar, Made in France...I'd call it a Dublin style, and the stem has a metal tube...the female end of the bowl or in its shank...there are the twin metal tubes leading to twin ports in the bowl. It has cleaned up perfectly and I've smoked it once so far....nice and light..nothing I see wrong with it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My Radice Rind has a twin airway and I've had no issues with it. I also have an old City deluxe (GBD second tier pipe) with a similar set-up. Again, no issues. Pipe cleaners pass smoothly and I don't notice any difference in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.