PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Okay I know Houston is huge and I think there are quit a few of us on here from the area. I was wanting to know if we could do something like a Houston PM club. Meet like once a quarter since depending on where the meeting would be some of us would have quit a drive. Any interest???
I live in Katy. Any other West Houston / Katy people here?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Put up flyers everywhere lol. Might get farther with that or Craigslist.
Remember most pipers are loners. We're probably the exception to the rule.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I live in Sugar Land and I'd be interested in pursuing your invitation to get together to discuss a PM club in the greater Houston area. Email me at slewis@cbunited.com

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The Woodlands here . Hell between the three of us we can not be more than seventy miles in opposite directions . :rofl:

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
The Woodlands here too! New to Pipes Magazine, hello everyone.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Well we have a few. Igloo I was thinking the exact same thing. I used to drive to the woodlands from Katy every day for work.
Salewis I will message you and try to meet up. We are no too far apart.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Spartan and Jsiddle I'm in San Antonio, I have never met with another pipe smoker and I would love to.

barnettcb

Lurker
Oct 27, 2012
I am in the Houston area - south east near Clear Lake but I would be willing to drive for a meetup group.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Dlattim you and I can car pool or meet up at my house or yours . Sometimes I have to work Sat about once a month . I know there are two in Conroe and one in Humble just can not remember who . Lets try this what area of town do you work in . I work all over but mostly think top of 290 then draw a line to the football stadium on 610 and everywhere east of that .

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Igloo, I work right here in The Woodlands. Born and raised in Houston, so I know the whole city backwards and forwards. Would love to see a Houston group started up. Perhaps if enough are out here we can meet close by to enjoy a smoke and some good conversation.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I am in the greater Houston area. I know another in Conroe.
My schedule is hectic, so i make no promises, but if you are just talking a 4 or 5 person meetup, the Briar Shoppe is your best bet. Central location, pipe friendly, and if you don't try to make it too "pipe clubbish", you can have some decent conversations with yourselves and the cigar smokers who also hang out to burn one. I know I have. I have talked criminal defense law, motorcycles, military experiences - vs - corrections experiences, and so on with the cigar smokers over there.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I'm in Austin, but get to Katy occasionally to see family. Let me know if you all get something going in the Houston area--I might be able to join in sometimes...

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
So who all is in? I starting ignoring this thread initially as it became more about San Antonio then Houston.
The Briar Shoppe has been mentioned. There are several bar/restaurants with out door seating in the Heights area that would be good central meeting point as well. I definitely think this will have to be a weekend meet. I am in Katy.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
From a Dallas piper - it will be worth it if you meet up from time to time. Bring baggies and a Sharpie. Not kidding about that :)

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I am on 1960 near Willowbrook and work downtown. Pick a spot and let's do it. I have a tin or two I cannot take anymore and many remnants in jars to trade. The Briar Shoppe is a great B&M but dangerous after a few brews. There are a couple of great outdoor type pubs almost across the street. They really need a group of pipe smokers to class up the joints.

lafraas

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
Austin, Texas
I grew up in and around Houston and get down there every few months to visit family. Now I live in Austin, the land of cold beer, hot babes and BEVO. Put me on your notify list if you get something going in Houston and I'll try and make the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.