PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
Okay all you senior members, time for some sound advice for us newbies-I received my latest shipment of Baccy from the brown Santa yesterday and the Mrs is quite PO. What is the best way to make amends?

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
Check out her closet and make a detailed list of her shoes and purses; next time she gets PO'd with your PAD or TAD aquisitions, show her the list, then get ready for the fireworks. I'm glad I'm single. :rofl:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well most girls get over things quickly if something sparkly is involved lol. I'd mostly say just offer to do something with her that she enjoys even if you dread it. Easiest way to amend the situation is bite your lip and take the waiting in a shoe store for hours like a man.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Women will always have something to be upset about.There's no way you can avoid it.Especially if you're spending money.Be nice and it will pass.Until you get caught again that is.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I used to get flack from the missus, but I started getting her excited about my hobby, talking to her about blends and pipes, now she is always bugging me to buy more LOL!

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I'd tell her to deal with it. PERIOD. I have no time for bossy/bitchy women. A marriage/relationship is supposed to be equal all the way around. It seems, however, that some women think men are stupid and can be controlled 24/7. I'd rather be alone and single with my pipes/tobacco than with a total rag and have to try to explain every thing I do to her. BE the MAN. Then again, I am on my 4th marriage. This one rarely complains about anything. I smoke my pipes and cigars in the living room all the time. I buy pipes, tobacco, cigars whenever I feel like it and she's totally cool with it. There are great women out there. Sometimes they are hard to find though.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Yeah, I smoke my pipe in the house, too. Not always, but usually. Nobody complains.
Of course, I don't complain about much, either.
Spending $20 on some pipe gear is nothing. In a couple months, I plan on putting down $500 on an S&S E-carb. Nobody is gonna complain about that either.
If you got your own checking accounts, and the bills get paid on time and a savings is maintained, why is it anyone's business how much money you spend on pipes, purses, or whatever you want to spend it on?

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
mpbrush.jpg

You'll both feel better.
:)

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I always let the wife know what I am doing ( buying ) as I do it....that way there are no surprises when the delivery happens.

And I DO smoke only inside the house always....there ARE some good women out there.... :puffy:

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Tell your wife that you are the man she loves. Then light up and have a scotch along with the pipe. She better just get used to having a real man around "YOUR" house. The bitching will end and the pipe and the scotch will go a long way toward a happy marriage. Pleasing is a two way street. Men in America have been pussified for far too long. The time for you to toughen up was yesterday.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Hilojohnny is the wisest one so far. As long as you let the wife be part of the decision process, there is rarely a problem. Once she knows that you are still guarding the family finances, and this purchase is part of your plan, the things are usually OK. Surprises are the problem. Of course this assumes you are not spending the mortgage payment, right after the layoff, when the car broke down, the kids need braces etc.
Winton

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I do agree with Portascat 100%. My wife and I have separate accounts and it works great for us. All of the bills are always paid. She buys purses and other stuff. No problem. I buy pipes, tobacco, get tattoos, etc. No problem. I wish I had a bike right now to buy a carb for. Must be nice Portascat.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
The wife and I have separate accounts as well. I spend my leftover cash on whatever I feel like. I do not smoke in the house though, we both smoke outside on the lanai only.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
It's so hot here in Central FL, I can't stand going out to smoke. I bought an air purifier a while back and it's behind my chair in the living room. Each night after smoking pipes or cigars, I turn it on brfore we go to sleep. The next morning, I turn it off when I get up. It does a great job of eliminating all of the smell. Since my wife doesn't smoke, she's really the judge of the smoke smell. So far, so good.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Huh. You guys just think men used to "know how to control their women" or something. My great-great grandma on my Dad's side had a husband who was normally a great guy. One night he came home drunk and smarted off and smacked her. She waited until he passed out in bed, then rolled him up in the bedsheet and sewed it shut. After he was neatly stitched in place, she beat him head to toe with a baseball bat.
Behind every great man is a woman who is really in charge. ;)

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Well, I would never hit a woman at all. And as far as controlling goes, I would never tell a woman what to do. I believe the relationship should be totally equal. I think Bootleg is one of the guys that found a great woman. I myself found a great one. It just took me a long time to find her and I'm very fortunate to have her.

Status
Not open for further replies.