PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Watched 5 Seasons, Great show. Then we turn 180 and we are the enemy, not the Bad Guys. Will not go into Politics, just writers Katowed and went into PC mode. Peter Quinn you were the only redeeming thing on the Show and they killed you. :crying:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I watched Designated Surviver expecting a sort of 24 type show and instead got condescending leftist politics. Politics have ruined television.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Both shows mentioned above were among my favorites. Why do they have to get political? Ruined both for me.

Sold our business 1.5 years ago, got along with both sides, with more that were left of center. You start bringing either side of the isle into it & you lose 50% of your business.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Haven't seen "Homeland" yet but have been enjoying the very believable "Designated Survivor" until last week's episode.
Oh my goodness! Bad people exploded a series of bombs that took out POTUS, VPOTUS, Cabinet, Supreme Court, Senate, House and many, many others and, within the first 100 days of the new POTUS office, the WH is pushing legislation for background checks on new firearm purchases?
WTH?
It wasn't a terrorist attack? You mean it was an alt-right government supplier of evil that's taken down our American leaders?
Fed wise, we're in the tank. The DOW is cascading and we don't know who to trust. But the writers decide increased background checks for new firearms owners is the order of the day.
You literally take my breath away. Keep pushing that anti-gun agenda, Hollywood.
My, my, my.*
Fnord
* My grandmother's euphemism for asshole.

Mar 1, 2014
Funny how Hollywood can put up with comments like this: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/2/sarah-silverman-calls-military-overthrow-fascist-d/

And still pretend they're any different from anyone else.
Every studio and celebrity mansion is probably surrounded with people holding guns 24/7.

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
I will still watch - I loved Homeland!!
Forget your own politics just enjoy the entertainment! House of Cards was all about a Democrat doing despicable things and some shows are about right wing politicians doing despicable things..
Don't take it so seriously - it's just a bit of fun!!

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I watched Designated Surviver expecting a sort of 24 type show and instead got condescending leftist politics. Politics have ruined television.
Agreed, I won't be watching anymore :roll:

Superior Donuts, stupid, worse than Laverne & Shirley. Almost as bad as Two Broke Girls but with lots of leftist, progressive politics as a bonus. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.