PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I know I've been saying this a lot in the past couple weeks, but seriously.
I good-god-damn mean it.
Just bought a Trypis from pruss. Billiard Ho!
Pretty. Effin. Excited.
Seriously, let's all grow this excellent scene. Who would you rather buy from? Ebay? Or forum members who respect this hobby? I know MY answer.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Wait till you see that pipe in person! I saw it last week and its gorgeous. Enjoy, just finished my Trypis I bought from Pruss, its a beautiful piece of wood.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
@moses; I've selected 5 pipes for myself from that collection. They are VERY nice pieces indeed!

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
I just went over to take a peek and I noticed something odd. There was a Phillip Trypis on there... a billiard, NEW... but in the left margin it says. "Pass pipe cleaner:NO". Why would a new pipe not be able to pass a pipe cleaner and why would I want to buy it?

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Same auction/sale item it gives all the description... EXCEPT what the pipe is made of... I couldn't find it anyway.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hi lucky695, thanks for checking out my auction and for your questions. Is this the listing you're referring to?
http://www.briarbid.com/phillip-trypis-grade-5-panel-billiard-new-old-stock,name,101244,auction_id,auction_details
If so, I'll try and address your questions:
I just went over to take a peek and I noticed something odd. There was a Phillip Trypis on there... a billiard, NEW... but in the left margin it says. "Pass pipe cleaner:NO". Why would a new pipe not be able to pass a pipe cleaner
This billiard is slightly bent. A pipe cleaner will pass cleanly and easily through the stem and into the shank, where it stops. On investigation it appears that the draw hole from the chamber to the shank intersects the draw hole from the stummel into the shank at slightly higher level than where the initial draw hole stops. Whether this is an intentional attempt to create a moisture trap or not I cannot guess. Regardless, manipulating a pipe cleaner entirely through the pipe from bit to chamber is challenging. I hope that answers the first part of that question for you.
Same auction/sale item it gives all the description... EXCEPT what the pipe is made of... I couldn't find it anyway
Thanks again for the comment and question. I've tried to capture all the information I can about these pipes and have included more information than Briarbid asks for by adding the extra dimensions, markings, etc. in the notes section of the listing. These pipes are all made from Greek briar and were likely carved about 30 years ago.
On all Briarbid pipe listings you'll find the material listed at the top of the listing on the third line of the listing, beneath the Title and the Auction ID # you'll find a line that looks something like this, "Back to home page Main Category: Pipes --> New --> Briar
Thanks for checking out my listing. Please feel free to contact me directly with questions.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Wow you Americans are spoiled thinking that $20 for shipping is high, I'm actually laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
If I start looking at briarbid again, Im going to get myself in trouble with the soon to be Mrs.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
so is briar bid is for pipesmag forum members or anyone who can sign up? I mean i never had a problem buying pipes online at the bay. I make sure to check is ratings, look at pictures, and as standard questions. I really don't see how briarbid is different. I mean people on forums have been ripped off by other members of the same forum :S.

Status
Not open for further replies.