PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My wife has told me that during the Christmas break we're cleaning out the sunroom and turning it into my smoking room. She's had enough of my pipes and "stuff" taking up her curio cabinet.
I have an old upright, tube radio and Morris chair in the basement, but they'll be moved into "THE pipe room". As if I needed incentive to clean the room up, the chair is going in for leather upholstery.
The only downside is that we are "discussing" the hot-tub. I'd like to leave it, but know that moisture isn't what I want around my pipes. My wife wants it gone. Still thinking on that one. Anyway, pictures when it's done.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
You could put up walls and keep a dehumidifier on the pipe side or something, I don't know. I don't know a whole lot about that kinda stuff. That's awesome though that you're wife is letting you have a smoking room. I know that many members on here are limited to the garage haha. Can't wait till I get my bachelor pad set up hoping for a study with a fireplace and the whole shebang. Hah we'll see how that one goes, but again congrats on getting permission to have your own smoke room.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
Keep the hot tub, then you can sit in it and smoke like Tony Montanya in Scarface (Although, I would suggest treating you wife a little better than he did in that scene :)).

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
This thread is useless without pictures...let's see a before and after shot!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I would trade the hot tub for a big screen TV but that's just me lol looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished product

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
gt,

I'd be embarrassed to let you see what it looks like now - it became a storage room for Christmas stuff that didn't make it to the basement last year.
When we get it stripped out I'll take the before pictures. My wife went out and looked at slate tile today, carpeting doesn't go in a smoke room as far as she's concerned. Den has never objected to my pipe like some wives do - I've been very lucky man, and I know it.
PS Piper: I'm also going to get a 40" flat screen for the room, thanks to my folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.