PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Never smoked it... but it sure has great reviews... it's flavored with Vanilla and Cherry and since im not a fan of flavored baccy's it just doesn't call for me... but might be willing to give it a try.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I enjoy it on occasion. The cherry does tend to still come across as a little artificial, but the vanilla helps subdue it a bit. It's definitely one of those aromatics that tastes like it smells to me and those are few and far between. It's not something I smoke a lot of, but I like having it around. I'm not sure about the name. Nothing about it screams hobbit to me.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
It is not bad stuff. I light aromatic and it's located at a shop not more than 10 miles from my apartment. It smells delicious to passers by and I have had many compliments when smoking the stuff. It burns cool and the flavor is nice but very subtle. I use it to mix with many of the Peterson's brands as they tend to arrive sort of dry and lacking any nicotine at all. This plus the information above should tell you what you need to know. Definitely worth having 4oz. laying around if you like smooth, cool smoking aromatics that will keep for a year in it's bag.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
I was looking to order some of this however the website is not currently working. So if you wanted to order you would have to call them up.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
LOGO-HobbitsWeed-b.jpg
merrypipe.jpg

0.jpg

LINK TO THE STORY and Hobbit's Weed: http://hobbitsweed.com/

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I bought 4 oz of it from the Tweksbury store awhile back (great shop, but really small). Its good if you're into cherry blends, in which case Hobbit's Weed is definitely one of the better ones.
Not sure whats up with their website. Its been down for almost a year now. I'd rather order more online than drive down there. I hate driving in downtown Denver. :(

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I agree with the churchwarden comment. I have been wanting one for a long time so I guess I will pick some of this up as well to go with it!

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i just tried the Shortcut to Mushrooms and though they are not related blenders smoking it because of the name was really fun. the Toby was good also.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I tried it, but not a big fan of cherry blends. I ended up giving it all away. In hindsight it was very moist, so a bit of drying might have improved it greatly.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
on the same note. does anyone know of an LOTR blend that is not aeromatic, i have shortcut to mushrooms and ruins of isengaurd.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
http://justforhim.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_298_62

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
I live near Denver, and while downtown awhile back, I decided to drop by Tewksbury's. As said before, nice shop, mainly cigars, small store, and equally small pipe and tobacco selection.
A friend of mine just LOVES Hobbits Weed, so I decided to try it. I talked with one of the staff and he admitted it was a blend of Lane's Very Cherry cut with a measure of BCA. It's the shop's #1 seller.
I'm sorry, but for the life of me, I just don't understand the attraction to this tobacco. It has a massive following. I smoked about 2 bowls and could take no more. The cherry flavor was overwhelming, even toned down with BCA. The cherry tastes almost chemical to me. The aftertaste was not pleasant. Plus, it ghosted the pipe. And I DO like aromatics! Just not this one.
Well, to each his own. As always, YMMV.
CACooper

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
CACooper, as you note YMMV. I agree, the cherry is a bit cough syrup in its quality, but I do think the vanilla tones it down and is a nice touch. I do like that it is one of only a handful of aromatics that taste like it smells to me. I'm not surprised it's a pretty simple blend of two of the bulk blends. I suspected it might be something along those lines.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Damn.... I lived in Colorado for 17 years and find out about this place after I move. Figures

briarfriar

Can't Leave
After reading so many gushing reviews of Hobbit's Weed on various websites, I finally decided to give it a try. Just received a two ounce bag today, and I just finished smoking my very first bowl.
I'm not an aromatics lover, and this one won't convert me. I appreciate its burning qualities: it remains lit, and reduces to a fine white ash, which was pointed out in many of the reviews I've read. The cherry scent does have a chemical "feel" to it. I hope it doesn't ghost the pipe, or my Talamona has a new destiny. I'm not picking up any vanilla.
It is very moist in the bag, and I believe those who claim it'll still be moist in the bag months from now. Perhaps another chemical issue.
I really think I'd have to smoke a second bowl before commenting confidently on its taste.
Those who do like it should know the retailer has a new website. Don't go to the hobbit's weed site anymore, and instead go here.
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.