PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
OK, he didn't make me buy anything, but I got over-excited when he posted about his cool Gondor pipe and I wanted something similar:
2015-07-09-161838-600x449.jpg

The "Hobbit Runes" say "Rob."
2015-07-09-161823-600x449.jpg

And here's a view from the side.
It has a kind of acorn shape, so it doesn't sit and doesn't really fit my pipe rest, so it was hard to get a picture. Nonetheless, I'm quite pleased!
I just smoked half a bowl of Frog Morton. It smoked quite cool. The wood does impart a distinct taste, but I don't find it unpleasant. It should go away pretty quickly as it breaks in.
What I like: Looks really neat, smokes well, really open draw (think Missouri Meerschaum sans filter) and it certainly doesn't look like "every other pipe."
What I don't like: Can't sit it down conveniently (which I knew when I bought it) and the all-wood stem might not hold up to long term use.
I doubt it'll be an every day smoker, as it's as inconvenient as a churchwarden and probably pretty delicate, but for around $30 bucks, shipped, it will be a fun conversation piece.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Dang, guys!
Y'all are already making me buy tobacco and pipes. Now I'm gonna have to start shopping for knives and swords.
This forum is getting expensive!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I got over-excited when he posted about his cool Gondor pipe and I wanted something similar:
Don't cha just hate when that happens! :rofl:

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I own a Sting, or have owned. I don't know where it is at the moment, and it may have been lost in a move. I also had a pretty nice, though not Tolkien-related, sword and dagger set from my Society of Creative Anachronism days. Haven't seen them in years, either.
Or my cloak, or my leather armor, or boots. Damn. I've lost a lot of cool stuff!

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
Cool pipe, I just ordered the Caramel Coffee Pipe after being outbid on a churchwarden on Ebay.

Cant wait till it gets here !!!!
Mark

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Nice Pipe. I hope that you enjoy it.
Also, thanks. I just received my commission check.

Status
Not open for further replies.