PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Other than smoking, what other hobbies do you have?
I personally am a musician and composer, a wood-worker and a photographer!
If y'all would like, I can share some of my stuff.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Drawing, collecting antique shaving mugs and razors, reading, raising three wild children, bonsai culture, tarantulas, and RC helicopters.
https://youtu.be/_dkyGhj5oRo

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Here's some of my photography: https://imgur.com/a/cyxy9

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Agree with Warren in full, smoking is not a hobby for me. Playing music has been falling into hobbyish status lately, not enjoying that.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
I mean, I take my music very serious; I've even considered a career in music. I always thought of a hobby as a thing you truly enjoy and wish to do whenever possible, sometimes a lifestyle.

oldmojo

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2017
Carving Danish freehands, cooking (especially Cajun cuisine), Texas Hold'em and tending three rescued terrierists.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Collecting matches and lighters - Zippos mostly. I used to be an amateur photographer, however gave up that one. Oh and I play billiard sports whenever I have time and an available opponent, my brother-in-law most of the time. Reading is a must more than a hobby IMHO.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Playing mandolin with a few bands.

Mountain climbing/hiking.

Some painting.

Home brewing/distilling.

Does gardening count? :puffy:

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Amateur photography, hot rodding/vintage cars, performing stand-up comedy and recently, metal detecting.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Chasingembers, I have something you should see. I have a beard, but trim the edges with a double edge, antique razor. Years ago, I was a 'survivalist'. (I don't worry about survival now) I bought a double edge razor blade sharpener off ebay. It was still in the box. A really neat contraption that will actually resharpen the blades. I got so many blades that I didn't need to sharpen any, but thought my grandkids may want to shave someday. 8)
37346501160_3a70d2ebae_z_d.jpg

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
My main hobby is a wood butcher. No matter what I do the lines and cuts are not straight. Then there is fishing love drowning worms and not catching anything. Then another hobby is to be a husband.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Fishing, drawing, drawing in ink (inkwash), stop motion animation, reading, collecting & restoring cigar humidors, collecting vintage movie posters ( when I can find them).

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been a musician for 53 years. Amassed a bit of a collection over that time.
I9LiL5I.jpg

b0wSzOw.jpg

You can also see my 1974 Fender Rhodes piano in the background in this picture.
WC9wGCv.jpg

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I play guitar as well and try to get out fishing whenever I can. I've got a few other hobbies I don't get to spend as much time on as well, probably too many! But you know what they say about idle hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.