PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
So I've picked up two pipes out of the basket at my local with H.I.S on one side and made in Italy on the other. These are quickly becoming favorites in my rotation. I'm just wondering does anybody know anything about the maker of these, I'd love to check them out and see what other styles they have available without having to pour through the catalogs at the shop.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
They are made by Gardesana, an Italian firm. I belive, atleast thats what i have found.

I have several and the grain is good, but smoke a little hot at times with aros. Great with ye ole english blends.

Welcome to the forum

Cheers

Jeff

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The glories of Google show that they are common at B&M shops. I also found them at serveral online stores. Good pipe at good price. You won't be able to sell it at a profit on eBay, but you will be able to enjoy it for years.
Winton

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Hey Jeff, they sell 'em at Jungle Jim's if you aren't aware.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Sweet thanks will be going out there tomorrow.
Just to clarify, I am talking about the Fairfield location. I haven't been to the new one on the east side.

piperator

Lurker
Mar 13, 2014
I have four H.I.S. pipes and all of them are really good smokers. The briar is of decent quality, the drilling is well executed, and the draw is excellent. The last one I bought today for $32.99 and the other three were similarly priced. In my opinion H.I.S. pipes are a level above any basket pipe and are excellent value for the money.

themanny82

Lurker
Mar 17, 2014
just picked up one yesterday. haven't really had chance to try it as I was smoking a cigar with a buddy. however, rest assured I'll be trying it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.