Hi New guy here would like an opinion Vauen Meershaum lined?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi folks,

I have become a PAD person.

I am looking at a Vauen Meershaum lined pipe and was wondering if anyone could offer an opinion or advice?
I'm currently smoking a Brigham bent briar and I really like it.

Thank you in advance

Mar 1, 2014
The draft and bowl will be on the small side (bowls on the Meerschaum lined pipes especially) but quality will be good.

I have five Vauen pipes and I like them all, you just have to be aware that they aren't very large in functional dimensions, which may or may not make a difference to you.

If you want to see what the opposite end of the draft hole spectrum is then try a Missouri Meerschaum Cob with the plastic stem, the draft on those is as open as anything on the market.

The Savinelli 320 is the most readily available pipe with a large bowl that I can find.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I'd say go with Meerschaum or go with briar and avoid the bastard off-springs of both. I've owned a couple and really see no advantage. Just my two cents.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Appreciate the comments.

I think I'll try all three and then venture an opinion.

Kindly

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,

Vauen use our meerschaum lining products.We supply them the highest meerschaum linings.So you can buy with confidence :)

Regards,

Bahadir

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I picked up a Vauen Meerschaum lined here in Canada at the local smoke shop. Have smoked one bowl and I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.