PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomedude

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Denver, CO
Fairly new pipe smoker here (2015), just started getting more into the pipe-buying and ended up here to hoping to get some questions answered on a new find.
I look forward to interacting on the forums!

justsomedude

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Denver, CO
Nice to see so many CO pipers in here!
Quick follow-up Q... where do you Denver-ites go for tobacco/pipe supplies? I've learned that "tobacco shop" and "pipe shop" out here usually means vaping/glass bowl/420 supplies. And the only decent loose tobacco spots I know of are Jerri's (which has very limited pipe wares), and Edward's on South Broadway. I love Edward's but it's a bit of a haul down to Englewood.
Is Smoker Friendly worth while? Any other shops you guys recommend?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Howdy from Montana. Love visiting Edward's Pipe and Tobacco on S. Broadway whenever I'm in Denver! Great shop and good folks.
Jerri's is the other one I'm familiar with - the biggest advantage it has is being nearer to the Tattered Cover, The Rio Grande and that vintage pinball joint that I always forget the name of down by the Union Station and Wynkoops.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Don't know any place in the metro area that's even close to Edwards in terms of pipe and tobacco inventory. I'd also be remiss if I didn't plug our pipe club. We meet the second Thursday of the month at Churchill's, the cigar bar inside the Brown Palace. Start time is about 7:30, but some of us get there a bit early.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
justsomedude

May be a bit closer to you...a few blocks east of Wadsworth on W. Alameda
Tobacco Leaf

7111 W Alameda Ave

Lakewood CO 80226

‭(303) 274-8720‬
Caters to cigar aficionados, however has some pipe tobacco, bulk & tinned, & pipes.

You can smoke in the shop, though it is primarily cigar smokers; I have yet to see another pipe smoker in the lounge area.

Status
Not open for further replies.