PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalenkin

Lurker
Jul 8, 2018
Names Alen, new member here from Los Angeles.
Been looking into pipe smoking for quite a while, completely noob to the hobby and lifestyle. Looking to make friends and learn as much as I can.
Cheers to everyone!

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Welcome! This is a wonderful group of knowledgeable folk who are more than happy to answer our questions (Greetings, BTW, from a fellow n00b!).
CW

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the forums! Good to have you!
First order of business is to pick up a bag of seconds from Missouri Meerschaum. Second order of business is to purchase yourself a tin of Black Frigate and join the crew! Cap'n Embers is always looking for more crew to sail the Frigate. Think he's hoping to keep her sailing while he sits back with his bounty of Black Frigate on an island somewhere drinking rum. (Although he doesn't know it yet, but I swapped out his stash with Captain Black and cleaning fluid. So... Shhhhhh)
All kidding aside, whatever pipe you choose will serve you well, I'm sure. Just remember the most important thing is to dry your tobacco well before you stuff. If you buy Captain Black, it won't dry over the flames in hell, so get it dry as best you can and smoke it slow. You've entered into a new hobby that serves you best when you take it slow. Cobs are great for first timers, they're cheap, and if you screw it up, easily replaceable.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
(Although he doesn't know it yet, but I swapped out his stash with Captain Black and cleaning fluid. So... Shhhhhh)
That would explain why I've been seeing Anthony's unicorn.
c70d42b3c750b7f2561cd9485c9bdf1a.gif

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome! And don't tell ccw, but we relabeled the real BF tins to say Captain Black Grape. They're under lock & key we stole from Davy Jones! :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.