PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I often smoke a bowl before class and yesterday was no different. Just before class starts the guy who sits to my right turns and asks "Do you smoke cigars?" I told him I smoke a pipe and he replies "Yeah I can smell it." Not sure how to respond (ok?) so i just kinda nod my head. He then says "Do you know what third hand smoke is?" "Whats that?" I responded, trying my best to look and sound annoyed.
Anyway, the gist of what he says is that third hand smoke is the smell and residue that is left on a smoker and his belongings after they smoke and that "residue" can be rubbed off onto other things. Apparently the smell and residue can cause cancer and has years of research behind it, confirming it.
They don't give up do they? :roll:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The third hand smoke nonsense has been argued for years. As for "scientific" research, there isn't any. People seem to go out of their way to be annoyed and, therefore, make stuff up.

My father's death certificate says that smoking contributed to his death in Feb 2012. The man had his last cigarette in August 1981. I told his doctor, who is a nice and caring guy, that I was not happy about that and didn't believe it. My Dad woked in a battery factory for 43 years. Lead, cadmium, asbestos were all around him but the doctor did not know that. So, why not leave it blank on the death certificate? Because the form begs to be filled in.

As for your classmate; I'd tell him that odds are pretty good that the person who occupied his chair before him farted in it and that should be a bigger concern for him.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Just remind him that the only thing that is 100% fatal is birth.

Or,

You could ask him if he drinks or smokes... If he says no, then tell him neither did Hitler.

:puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Don't forget 4th hand smoke. It's the psychological damage caused by the sight of you with an unlit smoking implement in your mouth. It causes PTSD, cancer and proves you hate babies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I HOPE HE NEVER WALKS IN A ROOM WHERE SOMEBODY PARKED A FART....HIS EYES WILL CHANGE FROM GREEN TO BROWN.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
He suffers from mouth over run and yes it can be fatal, the mouth over run that is.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
then wouldnt everyone be dying of cancer? people have been smoking for centuries. my great great grandfather smoked about 10 king edwards a day and lived to the ripe bold age of 98 1/2. had his mind and wits about him up until about 6 months before he passed. some people...

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Never heard of third hand smoke but it's something to laugh about. I don't know how anyone could buy that crap!

Some people these days....

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I myself have been researching 5th hand smoke which is basically the effect of the negativity caused by a bunch of a-holes worrying about all those smokers that they can't control and browbeat.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Soon, Fourth Hand smoke, obviously from an alternative dimension, is when smoke from the future attaches itself to a Briggs particle and loops itself into the past and onto your facial hair, thereby causing spontaneous combustion to all those surrounding.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Don't forget 6th hand smoke. It leads to serious injury from not minding one's own business.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
LOL some people eh?
The way things are going soon everyone will be expected to sit in a box because it can be proven that someone at anytime could unintentionally cause someones death by saying hello.
No wait sitting in the box could kill someone too!! Oh what are we going to do?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
7th hand is the insomonia that people get as a result of not being able to stop people from smoking

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I don't know how someone could seriously say that to a stranger? Let alone believe it... Just another way to one-up and feel superior to someone who smokes I suppose. I'm generally pretty mild mannered but I think that would have set me off.
I'm not a big fan of sitting next to people who smell in general, smoke, B.O., heavy perfume or cologne, whatever... I can dig that, but if you don't like it, change seats or shut your trap...
Just curious, where do you go to school?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
That article is over 2 yrs old. By the way....
8th hand smoke is the insomnia that the people who are married to the idiots who believe this shit get when there partners cant sleep because there co-worker 5 cubicles down smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.