Tags:   

Help with Info About a Pipe

(5 posts)
  • Started 12 months ago by addamsruspipe
  • Latest reply from mso489
  1. addamsruspipe

addamsruspipe

Login to Send PM

Evening all. I picked up a pipe that I am quite pleased with but can't find out anything about the manufacture. Hoping for some help. It has a very light stamping of Custom(JPS)Made on one side then Algerian Briar and a star on the other. All I could find was a brand of pipe tobacco labeled JPS. Thanks for the help.

Posted 12 months ago #
  2. cossackjack

cossackjack

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Perhaps an old house pipe made for Jon's Pipe Shop in Missouri.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
    Specialization is for insects!" - Robert Heinlein
    Posted 12 months ago #
  3. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There used to be a brand of cigarettes here in the UK called JPS which was John Player Special. A bit of a long shot but there could possibly be a connection.

Regards,

Jay.

...take up thy stethoscope and walk...
    Posted 11 months ago #
  4. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There used to be a brand of cigarettes here in the UK called JPS which was John Player Special. A bit of a long shot but there could possibly be a connection.

JPS Team Lotus! Showing my age...

Dave
    Duke Street Irregular
    Posted 11 months ago #
  5. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Jon's Pipe Shop in MIssouri sounds like a legitimate candidate. House pipes are so hard to track. I have a Thompson (probably Thompson Cigars) house pipe stamped West Germany, nice piece of briar I outfitted with a new stem (it was a gift) but the chances of tracking the maker are remote. Sent a letter to Thompson, but the old timers who would know about the pipe are long retired or gone. I surmise; no one wrote back.

Posted 11 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   carolinachurchwarden, kiwiazz74