PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Evening all. I picked up a pipe that I am quite pleased with but can't find out anything about the manufacture. Hoping for some help. It has a very light stamping of Custom(JPS)Made on one side then Algerian Briar and a star on the other. All I could find was a brand of pipe tobacco labeled JPS. Thanks for the help.

jps-600x449.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
There used to be a brand of cigarettes here in the UK called JPS which was John Player Special. A bit of a long shot but there could possibly be a connection.
Regards,
Jay.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
There used to be a brand of cigarettes here in the UK called JPS which was John Player Special. A bit of a long shot but there could possibly be a connection.
JPS Team Lotus! :D Showing my age...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jon's Pipe Shop in MIssouri sounds like a legitimate candidate. House pipes are so hard to track. I have a Thompson (probably Thompson Cigars) house pipe stamped West Germany, nice piece of briar I outfitted with a new stem (it was a gift) but the chances of tracking the maker are remote. Sent a letter to Thompson, but the old timers who would know about the pipe are long retired or gone. I surmise; no one wrote back.

Status
Not open for further replies.