Help With Identification

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by davet
  • Latest reply from The Pipe Monk
  1. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would appreciate any help identifying this, the stamping is very faint and I can only make out the last few letters; aneer, perhaps ?

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can you get a closer pic of the stamping?

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's so faint I used several different light sources trying to make it out, best was a U.V/black light and a magnifying glass. At first glance you wouldn't notice any stamping. I was hoping someone may have a guess at what it is.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Try using the paper/pencil rubbing method. See if it works.

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sholto, ben88, jiminks, elbert, milehighpiper, pipestud, tuold, jaytex969, philobeddoe, dcon, ashdigger, pitchfork, rodo, danimalia, jfred, gandalfspipe, crawdad, oldgeezersmoker, cshubhra