PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdpowell

Might Stick Around
Oct 25, 2017
East Texas
rdpipes.briar.club
I've had this pipe for sometime now but, could never figure out the makers name. Its stamped well enough but, in cursive and my eye's aint what they used to be. Anyone recognize it or have a good guess?
3ab9d9b0-792b-4c6e-8bc8-fb225e4fdff0-original.jpg

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I don't think its your eyesight. I blew up that photo and then even used a magnifying glass. It looked like Cassserup to me. I'm pretty sure that can't be right and am now really curious myself. I'm pretty sure that one of our forum members will probably know. Whoever the maker is may want to invest in a stamp!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Goose nailed it. Larry Comeaux II, was a pipe maker from Memphis, and passed away in 2015 I believe. I have one of his pipes and the stamping is the same. The "II" under the name is what confuses things for me. My pipe is a free hand style with a yellow swirled stem. Great pipe in my opinion. Would like to see a pic of your whole pipe if you can.
img_0071-600x274.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I had guessed it was "company" and the the maker forgot to put the name of the company on it, but "Comeaux" makes a lot of sense.
And nice pipe, Morley. Autocorrect! Orley....!!

rdpowell

Might Stick Around
Oct 25, 2017
East Texas
rdpipes.briar.club
"Comeaux"! That's what I thought too but, wasn't positive because the two slash marks below it fouled me up also, thought they may be part of a letter. Thank you so much for confirming it Orley! Here's a photo of the whole pipe but, its not a freehand, its a 9-1/2" long Canadian.
f8ca1dd9-81a5-47ef-aeba-cbf4bfb1e084-original.jpg

52587f39-9551-4665-b94f-c0aa501c4f72-original.jpg

rdpowell

Might Stick Around
Oct 25, 2017
East Texas
rdpipes.briar.club
Thank you sir, it also has a large aluminum tube like filter within the shank and stem that's about 4-5 inches long and is why the shanks so large in diameter. I've had it for quite sometime but, never smoked it so haven't a clue how it smokes. Was given to me by a friend long ago.
Thank you all for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.