PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm going to be selling a few pipes in the next little while to make room for a new one. I've got some parameters for it though, but other than the usual places and the usual names, any place I should be going?
I'd like a classic bent pipe, light/honey staining, smooth finish. Those are easy enough to find. But - I'd like something from either Hungary, or the Czech republic, or for bonus points, Austria.
Does such a pipe exist?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This sounds like an artisan carver pipe, possibly done on commission. In the factory line, the only item that comes to mind is a Kemberling from Austria, though some of these are 9 mm filter pipes, which is the European preference, and these can be smoked without the filter, depending on the pipe. Mine is a nice big Rhody with an ample bowl and a pleasant honey brown smooth finish, bent of course.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'd say Tom's probably right on that, Mike, although you could certainly throw out some searches on fleabay. Don't know about Austria, but there are definitely some sellers in Latvia, the Ukraine, or Hungary with good stuff for sale. Depending on how married you are to your specs, you probably are looking at a commission job. :)

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Great suggestion, olkofri! Kill 3 birds with one stone! Help Mike out, help the sponsor out, *&* give the guy a pipe to tell us about!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the input guys, even your two cents Bill :nana:. I'm always looking at ebay, but I was hoping there was some little online shop I didn't know about. I went to check out one I had been checking a while ago, here, but they don't have a site anymore.
I'm not married to specs, but would like something along those lines.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
If I remember correctly I think Hoosier recently posted a picture of a pipe from Czech Republic (not a factory pipe). He might be able to point you in the right direction.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I too mourn the loss of Pfeifenkonsulat. Didn't get a chance to order a Vauen with a real Weisspunkt, and they had quite a few offerings from many countries in Europa.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
If I remember correctly I think Hoosier recently posted a picture of a pipe from Czech Republic (not a factory pipe). He might be able to point you in the right direction.

It was a Martin Čermák pipe in the smallest pipes thread.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm not sure these are what you're looking for, but check out The Country Squire in Jackson, MS. They have a line of pipes made for their store brand that come from the Czech Republic. I have one and they smoke quite well and run in the $50-60 range. You could visit their online site or call them or email for more info if you're interested.

link

Status
Not open for further replies.