PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013

any ideas on this one? my grandpa gave it to me along with other treasures he owned, here is in comparison with a dunhill group 4, its quite small and slim.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
The stem with two brass dots indicates that it would have come from a Savinelli Non Pareil, but it doesn't look like it goes with the bowl.
Are there any markings on the bowl?

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
yeah there is a marking on the bowl but its unreadable from the aging also the stem fits with the pipe but the pipe has the whole 'rounded' thing going on so from the side it looks looks like it doesn't fit

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Any stamping? Just from the long tapered stem and slightly stylized bowl, I would speculate it's a

French pipe. Doesn't have that Italian trim profile nor the English traditional proportions, nor the

Danish look, and that long stem would be unusual in a U.S. pipe. But I am likely all wet. No other

clues?

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
except that its filterless without any metal inserts like tubes or coolers there is the only letter i can read (if correctly) is a cursive "X" apparently the last letter of the marking, also it a appears there are no other markings like numbers or letters except the faded brand name...

it smokes really well though!

Status
Not open for further replies.