PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I applaud the effort, but the fight isnt about pipe tobacco, its about all tobacco, and more than that its about individual freedom vs the nanny state.

Throwing anyone under the bus is not right, we need to understand we are ALL being attacked here and work together as one.

Divide and Conquer is the sure way to win against us all.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Pipe tobacco is much like a fine wine. Roll-your-own cigarette tobacco is like a wine box. And while I disagree in principle with sin taxes in general, I disagree most vehemently with the idea of pipe tobacco taxes being raised. It would kill the industry, it would kill a mostly benign hobby. It would destroy an American way of life.

I, as the youth of pipe smoking, implore you to differentiate pipe tobacco and roll-your-own tobacco.

With great hope,

Collin Dow

Portland, OR.
So yeah, done.

my19

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
Done. Quick and painless. What a sleazy move by the RYO crowd ... Thanks, Kevin, for bringing this to everyone's attention.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Signed, sealed & delivered.
While I agree individual freedoms are what make this country great, I am seriously against pipe tobacco being put through the ringer just because the RYO manufacturers found and exploited a loophole.
-Jason

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I just added this to the article ....
Often times, people also do not realize that things like this affect jobs as well.
See the letter from Missouri Meerschaum below.

missouri-meerschaum.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.