PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeastronomer

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2012
Boston MA/ Bethlehem NH
I smoked a pipe about 8 years ago and abandoned it for cigars. Then I suddenly took it up again to see if I still liked it. Well so far so good. I have started again this past thanksgiving and I found it has been better than my first time around. I still have a lot to learn but at least I haven't had a the nasty case of tongue bite I had 8 years ago that lasted for several days. I still struggle keeping the pipe lit and have some ash mouth taste to contend with occasionally. But this is not enough to discourage me.
I think my tastes have matured since my very first attempt and have more patiense to take up the practice of learning how to smoke slow and cool. It was all the work of packing, lighting, and toungue bite which was the reason why I went back to cigars for years. I mainly see this as a way to relax in the evenings. I still like cigars but there is something about holding a pipe in your hand that makes it feel so good.
I have been reading a lot on this forum as well as others to gain some assistance. And I thought it time to finally join up. I look forward to hopefully mastering this hobby and making some new aquatantintes here. You all seem to be a bunch of cool folks and I hope to learn as much as I can to make my experience the best it can be.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Welcome pipeastronomer, good to have you aboard. I can tell you one thing, these guys and gals on this forum can answer a lot of your pipe related questions if not all.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
welcome aboard! my story is almost identical to yours. this is a great forum and the people here are quite helpful so dont be afraid to ask questions. happy puffing!

pipeastronomer

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2012
Boston MA/ Bethlehem NH
Thanks all for the welcome. In the interest in you all liking pictures I changed my avatar to show my 2 smoking buddies. Jack and Charley. They usually munch on a big ol rawhide while I smoke my cigar or pipe. The wife doesn't like the smoke but they don't care. Gotta love dogs!!!. I can't wait to get some really good bowls going!
Thanks again and I will be around!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Welcome to the site bro :)
Hey, give us some astronomer stories! I got to see Jupiter once through a telescope and it was absolutely magnificent. It just glided across the view scope and basically said, I care nothing for you and your pathetic little life; it was awesome.

pipeastronomer

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2012
Boston MA/ Bethlehem NH
I have so may Astronomy stories! Jupiter is AWESOME. I am a member of Cloudy Nights Forum which is an amateur astronomy site much like this one is for pipe smokers. There is so much to see up there so I recommend looking up at night to everyone. If you have a telescope, all the better. It is another of my hobbies that gives me the relaxation I need. But on those "Cloudy Nights" kicking back with a nice wiskey and a pipe seems to be the best medicine. Hence my renewed interest in pipe smoking.
So much to do and explore... So little time!

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
welcome pipeastronomer and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.