PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
Hello there,

So I have been lurking on the Formus for roughly a year before finaly deciding to join today. So what is there to say, I have been smoking pipes for two years now, originaly starting with smoking cigars and well... lets just say the PAD struck hard and I have been fascinated by the different materials, makers and schools of pipe construction ever since.

The partly result of this obsession can be seen here

20180922_230755-600x450.jpg

My personal fascination lies especialy with fine silverwork and antique amber stemmed pipes, wich also are the only part of my collection that is not regulary smoked, simply because of how brittle antique amber can become.

Tobacco-wise I mostly smoke natural tobacos with little to no added aroma, and , coming from cigars, especialy enjoing beldns with added cigar leaf but I also have a few aromatic tobaccos that I like.

And with this, I hope to find some likeminded people to ramble on about pipes and tobacco without getting confused looks from my enviroment^^ (Especialy being the only smoker in my extended family).

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Servus!
What part of Germany do you live in? My wife lived for a few years in Düsseldorf when she was little and I still have family in Austria.
This is a great forum with diverse membership. Ask any questions you have!

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! Very nice collection you have. I'm not familiar with amber stems but it sounds interesting.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Greetings from Nordrhein-Westfalen! I'm an American living in Germany these days with my German wife and children. What area of Germany do you live in?

Status
Not open for further replies.