PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock957

Lurker
Mar 1, 2018
I've just been smoking a pipe for a couple of months. After being upity against cobs I was given a cob free with a pipe I purchased from someone. I sanded it down and painted it with leather paint. I love the thing, it's my everyday work pipe now. I've bought a bag of 2nds from MM. I've been staining them with leather dye. Ive bought some acrylic stems, vulcanite stems, a tenion tool, and some bamboo root from Vermont Freehand.I want to modify cobs. About to get a drill press and a table belt sander.

Ive got cobs, a Savinelli, a Aldo Velani collector, and some estate pipes, and some basket pipes.And a wife that looks at me like I'm crazy when I get another pipe.

So much for saying women have a problem when it comes to shopping.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Some look down on cobs, and some dislike them, but it sounds as if you've found a wonderland in them; I salute your new affection! Welcome!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
The only issue I have with cobs is the chamber size. I started out with a feather weight and have progressively increased chamber size to meet specifications more akin to something Brad (tbradsim1) would smoke. Still keep a cob or two on hand for a flake or a quick smoke.

Powder Springs, you are close enough to join us at The Briary in Homewood, Alabama, for our pipe club meetings. Magic City Pipe Club. We meet the second Monday evening of the month from 5 to 8ish. We have a few that come over from Atlanta and a few that come over from Mississippi. You might drop in, and see if there is anyone you might share a ride with for next time. Or, at least just make a day to drive over and check out the Briary and its lounge, it's a great place to meet people at any time of the day. If you see a handsome guy a graying red hair and beard, that would be me. The "not so handsome" guy with graying red hair and beard would be Skip, the owner, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.