PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surtrungr

Lurker
Jul 6, 2013
I've been lurking in the shadows for some time, and finally made myself a proper account. I really enjoy reading the forums here, as well as the full website at large, with informative updates from folks in the pipe community. Just wanted to say hello from the corn fields of northern Illinois!
I'm 25 years old. Been puffing a pipe since I was 18 years old, standing in formation with my Army special ops unit (honorable discharge '09.) I'm working on cutting loose some of my basket pipes (the memories make this nearly impossible), and transitioning into just a small rotation of artisan pipes that I'll enjoy more. I work with my hands a lot as a part time business owner/maker of stuff ontop of my day job (blacksmithing, leather working, artistic media) - so I love those lightweight Missouri Meerschaum cobs for clenchin'!
Also aiming to finally quit the cigarettes (never was a heavy coffin nail person, but it aint easy!), and become simply a Pipe Man.
I just wanted to humbly thank y'all for having me here and say hello!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
surtrungr, welcome to the forum. It is a great place to learn about pipes and tobacco and also make some good friends. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Welcome! Also thank you for your service to our country. It seems we are close in age as I'm knocking on 30. I, too, have been in some sort of craft/ trade type job my whole working life and some before that, so we already have something ( besides the wonderful pipe) in common.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
surtrungr, welcome to Forums. Lots of useful information for pipe smoking here -- pipes, tobaccos, repairs, history,

opinions, photos, several carvers participating, wide range of ages, members from all over (not just U.S.), diversity

of interests. You'll definitely get focused in on your pipe interests.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Good to have you. Blacksmithing and leather working huh? Interesting!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Welcome and hang on to the old baskets you may want to revisit them at a later date. I've got lots of old drugstore pipes that have been gifted to me. Many of them don't get smoked much but sit proudly in the rack with those more regularly smoked for sentimental reasons.

micdabutcher

Might Stick Around
Jun 20, 2013
Australia
G'day Surtrungr from an Aussie puffer. Welcome. I'm fairly new as well and can't help but feel as though there is a bit of a family feel on this forum.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Welcome surt; you will fit right in here.
We want pictures of your smithying.
And we want to know what surtrungr means!

Status
Not open for further replies.