Hello All, And A Real World Aero Storage Report!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
A big hello to all from this new member. I've been reading this Forum for years and have benefitted from the wisdom so freely and generously given by the members. I very much want to give Keven and all who participate a sincere thank you. Living far, far south in swampy south-west Florida, this Forum provided an education and a link to the community for a good 'ol boy who lives 200 miles or so from the nearest B&M. So its time to give some back to all of y'all for all the help, or at least to give some back the some of y'all who have been wondering about long term Aero storage. So here goes. Following the wisdom of the Forum I jarred some Aero up for future need and, just today, cracked some pint Ball jars that I tight packed with fresh bulk Lane HS-3 back in December of 2010. Well boys, I'm here to tell you, the aroma when I cracked that jar was just as boozy and strong as when I put it in there and the tobacco was nice and moist after a full four and a half years in the jar! I'm not any of the expert so many of you here are, but I sure can stick a jar in a closet, wait a really really long time, and then hopefully have something worthwhile to say! So I hope that Info finds a user or two and I look forward to hanging out with all of y'all.
Plugugly

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Welcome plugugly; I also have learned a lot from members, good storage an patience is key. again welcome!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the post plug! All information is appreciated, and this is no exception. We always seem to hear about how some tobaccos benefit from aging, but it's nice to know that at least aros don't get worse from aging, although some folks seem to think otherwise. Me, I've not stored any aros that long, but everything I have in jars, even after a year or so, seems to be just fine.

Look forward to more of your posts! :puffy:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Welcome and I too had a jar set aside, but for over twenty years. It was half a jar of Old Port, don't know if they if make that anymore. It had dried out from the airspace but after rehydrating it I tried a bowl and it was as I remember it, but much subdued. I think had it been a full jar it would have been fine.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks for the post. I've heard that aro's don't age well. I have more than a few jars of aromatic jarred up as well. You said it still smells great but how does it smoke? Can you tell a difference from a new batch?
Welcome to the forum Plug ugly. Are you a fan of history?
The Natives welcome you...
IjBAvZim.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ball Mason jars can preserve anything. Someone recently posted this video on Facebook (PipesmokersForums group).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAITDbnJgVA

Status
Not open for further replies.